Wacky Map Idea

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
    Bugger there goes any chance we had of ever clearing up the mystery of the locations of AP & CS
    Think I gave the game away

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      Poisonally, I don't see the harm in putting your county location on a map. Leeds, Aberdeen, near Skipton and South Chadderton have already been named in this thread.
      That was my thought, it was the grapefest thing that got me thinking as geography is not my strongest point but forgive my nativity as stalking never entered my head.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
        That was my thought, it was the grapefest thing that got me thinking as geography is not my strongest point but forgive my nativity as stalking never entered my head.
        Of course I forgive your nativity

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Of course I forgive your nativity
          No donkey?
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
            And, we figured it wasn't a good idea to give potential stalkers a sign post to where to find people
            Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
            Anyway, it never really took off, as a lot of people didn't want to be 'stalked' so didn't post their locations.

This confuses me for the following reasons:

1. We encourage members to put their location on their profile.
            2. We request photos of their plots.
            3. A thread was set up listing the names of members sites.

So unless I am missing something, I don't quite get how a pin on a map encourages stalking........

It really doesn't matter if it failed in the past.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Here here bigmally. A few years ago people didnt like even registering on websites....giving their email addresses away......now they class it as normal........

A yes vote here if someone can set it up....

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Location on a profile is a bit less specific than a pin on a map; 'near Skipton' covers the entire Dales; 'South Wales' covers a lot of square miles, even plot photos are difficult to pinpoint the exact location unless you're familiar with the surroundings.. Last time it was done, people were flagging their exact plot and even their back gardens

Then there was the problems people had with editing the map and someone having to keep putting it/them right, and then finally the whole thing crashed and no-one could edit it anymore, So it died the death.

Comment

Stalkers would probably find it hard to find me even with the exact address. Even my own gps thinks I live 250 metres down the road, and has a hissy fit every time I turn into my own driveway! And if they got that far there's the kelpie's to deal with. They do LOVE visitors!
                  According to the fb map thingy I actually live in the next state......very cosmopolitan I am.
                  Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                    Location on a profile is a bit less specific than a pin on a map; 'near Skipton' covers the entire Dales; 'South Wales' covers a lot of square miles, even plot photos are difficult to pinpoint the exact location unless you're familiar with the surroundings.. Last time it was done, people were flagging their exact plot and even their back gardens

Then there was the problems people had with editing the map and someone having to keep putting it/them right, and then finally the whole thing crashed and no-one could edit it anymore, So it died the death.
                    I agree pinpointing excact locations could be dangerous I was thinking the nearest major city. As we are a World Wide Vine, I just thought it would be cool to see the pins from all 4 corners of the world (what a strange phrase).
                    Last edited by Bigmallly; 12-03-2013, 06:58 AM.

Comment

... all 4 corners of the world (what a strange phrase).
                      That is because the world is flat!
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I agree pinpointing excact locations could be dangerous I was thinking the nearest major city...
                        OK, you sit there with the map, check all the profiles, and bung in a pin. That way, you'll know where we all are.
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

That is because the world is flat!
                          Here's me thinking it was square.............

Comment

OK, you sit there with the map, check all the profiles, and bung in a pin. That way, you'll know where we all are.
                            I did warn you it was a wacky idea..................I'll think of something else, that's for sure........

Comment

It would be nice to see if all counties are accounted for ...

Comment

I can think of members in every one except Herefordshire. Am sure there'll be someone? I just can't think of one off the top of my heid

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X