Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 'What Makes You Happy' Thread (Part 4)

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, get your arris down here for a fitting - oh, and bring your own fabric because there's a serious amount in a circular skirt!

We have rain forecast all week, apart from Sunday which looks warm & sunnyish, with temps of 11c max but warmer on Sunday at 15c. Could do with a lot less rain......but mustn't grumble.

And what makes me happy?

The Pattern Review site - Thanks TwoSheds - you've probably saved me a fortune in fabric and my sanity in mistakes not made! Just spent two hours engrossed in the reviews and photos of my latest pattern, Vogue 2960. Definitely making a muslin of that bodice.......Just off to check out Vogue 1172 and 8874! Just love seeing everyone's finished dresses!
    Last edited by julesapple; 09-04-2013, 04:27 PM.
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Originally posted by julesapple View Post
      The Pattern Review site - Thanks TwoSheds - you've probably saved me a fortune in fabric
      Glad you like it !
      It's improved my sewing no end, and I'm only a free member: you get more out of it (like the forums) if you're a paying member

Is Butterick 4443 up your street? Vintage vibe, but with less fabric & fewer steps. If you want my used copy, I'll post it to you (size 38)
      Last edited by Two_Sheds; 09-04-2013, 05:46 PM.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• I'd love to knit a jumper but I'm rubbish.

Wool - it's all so pretty!
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• The forsythia is flowering!

[IMG][/IMG]
          The best things in life are not things.

Comment

• Driving home at 6.30 this evening needing to wear sunglasses....AND... it was 12.5C in the shade!...not bad eh????

( and about time!)
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I saw a pair of siskins in the garden today on the sunflower hearts feeder. Never seen one before. Well chuffed!
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Potting up an old stone trough with alpines. Followed by a bath with Charles Dowding and his organic ways. Sinful man.
                Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                  Glad you like it !
                  It's improved my sewing no end, and I'm only a free member: you get more out of it (like the forums) if you're a paying member

Is Butterick 4443 up your street? Vintage vibe, but with less fabric & fewer steps. If you want my used copy, I'll post it to you (size 38)
                  Thanks, TS, but it'd be too big. Lost me boobs when I lost weight.....

I'm only a free member too, but there's still loads of helpful stuff on there, loads. I did go upstairs to find fabric to make a muslin, but then Ma phoned and we were yakking for an hour or more.
                  Jules

Comment

• Being told by 'Miss' that I should be getting frames on 'em and getting 'em sold! T'is a big step.
                    Last edited by Glutton4...; 09-04-2013, 08:05 PM.
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                      Thanks, TS, but it'd be too big. Lost me boobs when I lost weight......
                      Do you want mine? Would make me very happy that!

Comment

• Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                        How I despised "THAT" woman.
                        I WILL NOT mourn her passing.
                        Now is a good time to be a stake holder
                        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                        Brian Clough

Comment

• Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                          I'd love to knit a jumper but I'm rubbish.

Wool - it's all so pretty!
                          Jumpers aren't that hard really - I started my first one a month after I learned to knit. And I finished it. And wore it.

And it's oh so lovely wearing something you've knit yourself. In fact that's what I'm doing today!
                          March is the new winter.

Comment

• 37 minutes redialling, 6 minutes listening to "you're in a queue and the doctors are all off sick so there aren't many appointments" and I finally have an appointment for much later today. Yay!

Comment

• Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                              Do you want mine? Would make me very happy that!
                              No, I've only just got used to not toppling over when I bend down
                              Jules

Comment

• Steppping outside my comfort zone. Coming up here to The Big Smoke, 3 days of training, and meeting people from all over. Ready and not yet totally stressed, for first day at work tomorra! Awesome!
                                Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X