Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 'What Makes You Happy' Thread (Part 4)

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the pub, sat in the sunshine with SWMBO, meeting old friends, lovely way to spend lunch time.

Potty
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Sun - absence of wind - worms (in the ground, not the horses.)
      Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Getting nearer to finishing a job that has languished (and quietly bugged me) for ages. And also, knowing that after last year, when both house improvements and enjoyment of sewing went to pot, I am finally back to my usual self and enjoying both.

And mince & tatties for tea. Or cauli mash in our case, boys can have mash.
        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Getting the all clear yesterday after 5 weeks of breast cancer investigations...
          My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

• Peace & quiet - term has started.

Noosner, that's excellent news! It took the gynae seven weeks to tell me I didn't have cervical or ovarian cancer. She got the results - all clear - read them and went on holiday leaving them on her desk un-actioned. It was nerve wracking, the waiting & waiting.
            Jules

Comment

• Originally posted by Noosner View Post
              Getting the all clear yesterday after 5 weeks of breast cancer investigations...
              These things drag on, don't they. Congratulations on the 'all-clear' that's excellent news.

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
              Peace & quiet - term has started.

Noosner, that's excellent news! It took the gynae seven weeks to tell me I didn't have cervical or ovarian cancer. She got the results - all clear - read them and went on holiday leaving them on her desk un-actioned. It was nerve wracking, the waiting & waiting.
              Aaaaarrrrgghhh! I'd have gone and ranted!
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Good news first thing in the day!
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                  It took the gynae seven weeks to tell me I didn't have cervical or ovarian cancer. She got the results - all clear - read them and went on holiday leaving them on her desk un-actioned.
                  Jeeeez that's dire,deffo needs a bit of "attitude adjustment" I reckon
                  He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Noosner that must have been a nerve-racking few weeks. julesapple, that's unforgivable of the gynae. I can relate to the rest - my children's main occupation today seems to be making me very happy that they're going back tomorrow! One starts Reception and one starts high school though, so very much mixed feelings here.
                    Is there anything that isn't made better by half an hour pottering in the veg patch?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                      Jeeeez that's dire,deffo needs a bit of "attitude adjustment" I reckon
                      I did have words. She said 'she knew the results were fine so she wasn't worried'. I said what about me, and my family? These things are very far reaching. I got a very begrudged apology, she obviously thought I was behaving badly but then I didn't go off out East for six weeks. I had, in the meanwhile moaned at her secretary, who was quite upset on my behalf - she said she knew the results were there on the desk but without the consultant's say so she couldn't tell me anything.

Anyhoo - just been to the supermarket. It was soooo peaceful. Lots of mums, gliding around with trolleys, looking more serene than they have for weeks.
                      Jules

Comment

• Watching and listening to a Goshawk in the field next door!
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                          I did have words. She said 'she knew the results were fine so she wasn't worried'. I said what about me, and my family? These things are very far reaching. I got a very begrudged apology, she obviously thought I was behaving badly but then I didn't go off out East for six weeks. I had, in the meanwhile moaned at her secretary, who was quite upset on my behalf - she said she knew the results were there on the desk but without the consultant's say so she couldn't tell me anything.

Anyhoo - just been to the supermarket. It was soooo peaceful. Lots of mums, gliding around with trolleys, looking more serene than they have for weeks.
                          Oh crikey! You must have been tearing your hair out. I don't think some of the medicos have much idea what we patients we go through. My biopsy doc made the comment, 'these things that show up in the breast can be just the tip of the iceberg'... and the breast care nurse said, 'if it's good news, we often ring you to save you a journey in.' Had 3 weeks to wait for the biopsy result because of the bank holiday, and spent every day waiting for a phone call that never came, so by the time I went in to the results clinic I was convinced there was summat up. And that it was the tip of the iceberg... but I feel such a lucky motherflipper at the moment that I don't want to complain about ANYTHING. As Mr MS grunted this morning, that'll wear off soon enough...

Comment

• THANK YOU all you lovely fellow gardeners, for your 'likes' on my post. You brought a tear to my eye.

Comment

• What a difference a good attitude can have.

Last year I had a swelling on shall we say one of two. Doc said don't think it is much but will send you for an ultra sound scan.

Gentleman finished the scan and could see I was pooping myself. "Not supposed to do this" he says "really should let you GP give you the results, but its fine, just water."

Could have kissed him.

Potty
                              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• The BH kept telling me that, if there was a problem, they would've had me back in the clinic PDQ. He was probably quite right, but it doesn't stop the worry does it? It doesn't stop you thinking that those few weeks might be the difference between successful treatment, or not.

Happy thing: It is the most beautiful evening. I might have to go down to the beach with the camera.
                                Jules

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X