Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 'What Makes You Happy' Thread (Part 4)

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bare arms!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• The aroma of a Lamb rump gentle roasting that's wafting into the office. Looking forward to my tea.

Potty.
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• This afternoon, was Spring,hope it lasts for a few days at least.
        DottyR

Comment

• A day late with this... Having to open the patio doors at work because it was too hot. Then standing in said doorway with my face tilted up to the sun, eyes closed and a smile on my face. A moment of sheer bliss.
          When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
          If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

• Going out to shut the Chooks in and give them some corn at half five and wearing a tee shirt!

Comment

• 7.10 here and 12C .... and I've just come in from doing our chooks too!...wearing a T shirt
              Last edited by Nicos; 24-02-2014, 05:12 PM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• DPD Parcel delivery company who have a 'live' tracking system! I knew when he was going to knock at the door, in fact it's so accurate it was showing 'Signed for by ...' and my Surname, by the time I sat back down at the Poota!

Probably the first time I've EVER praised a Parcel Courier Service in my entire life!!!!!
                Last edited by Glutton4...; 25-02-2014, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Just been helping OH to rip off boarding and plaster from a 350 yr old beam in the utility room as we intend knocking part of it into our kitchen.
                  As the beam was being exposed we started grinning more and more!!!

Yup...one very healthy looking and sounding oak beam!

yip yip yip....the last one which was 'hidden' and had a supporting wall underneath it turned out to be absolutely rotten and crawling with woodworm nearly 3cm long by 1cm wide...I always thought they were tiny things...just goes to show eh?

Replacing that (and employing help) cost us a fortune both in time and money...cor...just think of all the plants I can buy with all that money saved...darn - I think OH has earmarked it already!

I am one exceptionally happy lass at the moment!!!

* wanders off grinning....
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Small beams in La Belle France then nearly a one at a half inches long and 1/2 an inch wide.

Their good aren't the G4 I was most impressed and will be using them in future. I liked the text Dave will deliver your parcel between 11-13 and 12-13

My happy.................. working out where to plant 100 potato seeds.

Potty
                    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Selling sommat on the 'Bay - there is money in my PayPal Account!!!! YYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Trots off to pay for stuff waiting in my 'Basket'

Comment

• Getting a sort of promotion to do the job I'm already doing and a pay rise to go with it Apparently there will be no additional duties with said promo' as quote "you are already doing it anyway".
                        When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
                        If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                          Selling sommat on the 'Bay - there is money in my PayPal Account!!!! YYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Trots off to pay for stuff waiting in my 'Basket'
                          Correction: There WAS money in my PayPal Account...

Comment

• A late birthday lunch out with some of my old work colleagues - great that we are still good friends after three years of the team being disbanded. Lovely to go to a pub where I could take the dog in to meet everyone- and also great that they found her adorable and well behaved! She dutifully stayed in the car while we had lunch. So nice to be retired and have places to go and people to see.
                            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• All my chillies germinated 100 percent ,now have 53plants 12different varieties ,now I'm going to make lots of fellow gardeners happy too. I only wanted about 20 plants but planted extras as some of the seeds were 5years old

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                              don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                              remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                                DPD Parcel delivery company who have a 'live' tracking system! I knew when he was going to knock at the door, in fact it's so accurate it was showing 'Signed for by ...' and my Surname, by the time I sat back down at the Poota!

Probably the first time I've EVER praised a Parcel Courier Service in my entire life!!!!!
                                T'other day the tracking system showed that my parcel had been delivered and 'signed for' over the garden gate. Except we don't have a garden gate and I hadn't signed for anything. Turned out it was at the wrong address further down the street and had been thrown over a 6' high padlocked gate! Took a lot of door knocking to find a neighbour who had a key to this gate and she turned out to be one of the more suspicious of our neighbours who asked me to prove my identity before she gave me the parcel! What a palaver. Got it in the end tho. It's my new juicer and is by some miracle undamaged.
                                My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X