Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 'What Makes You Happy' Thread (Part 4)

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No flowers on our runner beans, but the strings went up yesterday. Slugs nil, us 1 . Will still be vigilant, as these are my favourite crop though.
    Nannys make memories

Comment

• Looking under my Sweet box bush (Sarcococca) and seeing loads of little seedlings! I could open a nursery at this rate The bush perfumes the garden in January and is a nice evergreen that the dog doesn't nibble / destroy!
      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• A new garden bench, just the job

Attached Files
        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Lacock is beautiful, Scarlet. Only drove through once, but it was memorable.

I love reading everyone's growing successes. Makes me wish I'd got off my arris this year - haven't even grown so much as a tommy this year, for various reasons.

Anyway, my 'Happy' today, is finding that the new battery for the old Lappy has cured the 'turn off as soon as unplugged' syndrome. A weight off my mind.
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Someone posting (Jeanie) about a plant I'm not familiar with (Sarcococca), goggling it, and finding it would be just perfect in my shady back garden for winter scent. Thanks Jeanie, I'll get one
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Receiving a PM with the line ... like Christmas only with druids ...
              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Getting some good news - what a relief, I can say. Life can be totally pants at times, can't it? Glad there are lights at the end of a dark tunnel - even if only a glimmer. When I do go, however, I don't think I wanna come back.
                Last edited by Glutton4...; 21-06-2014, 07:53 PM.
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Early mornings with the sun shining, still in my dressing gown and watering the greenhouse whilst waiting for the coffee to perk. Then coming here and 'easing' into the day with coffee and chat - garden related and otherwise. Kitchen is full of the smell of onions - making my first batch of cucumber relish.

Comment

• I have a .............................runner bean. OK its only a quarter inch long but it is there.
                    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Sitting in my garden till 3am in the morning in shorts and tee shirt, knocking back assorted cocktails, illuminated by gas lamps, citronella oil lamp, and a hint of solar lighting, and thinking "I've cracked it - THIS is what I wanted my garden to be like in 2014". Added bonus was gloating about it to my mate sat opposite who only grows bedding plants and who only put plug plants in over the last couple of weekends so his garden is way behind mine

Comment

• Originally posted by susieq100 View Post
                        Early mornings with the sun shining, still in my dressing gown and watering the greenhouse whilst waiting for the coffee to perk. Then coming here and 'easing' into the day with coffee and chat - garden related and otherwise. Kitchen is full of the smell of onions - making my first batch of cucumber relish.

Cucumber relish, sounds good, is it possible for you to pistol recipe ? Or direct to where it might be? Please.
                        DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                          Getting some good news - what a relief, I can say. Life can be totally pants at times, can't it? .
                          Yes, so true but best to keep going with a smile!

Raspberries! Bloody tons of them, just wish it wasn't just me that was picking them!

Comment

• A big bowl of freshly picked raspberries with home made vanilla ice-cream. Delicious!
                            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Having an hour long joint 3 way Skype conversation with my Mum and Dad (who have been divorced for over 40 years but still friends) and not a glitch at all - well done Skype
                              Last edited by scarey55; 22-06-2014, 05:58 PM.
                              A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

• It was Open Gardens day in the village - 22 gardens open to raise money for the village lifeboat.
                                I started late and only managed 2 and half hours of visits.............................
                                How many gardens did I see?................................

I was very strong willed and refused coffee at the first, beer at the second and a cold drink at the third.........I've no idea where the time went but it was fun chatting gardens and sitting in the shade of the banana trees
                                Last edited by veggiechicken; 22-06-2014, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X