Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 'What Makes You Happy' Thread (Part 4)

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had a nice coffee and a huge slice of coffee walnut cake + a good old catch up with old friend and work colleague, nothing like 'putting the world to rights session' . Plus also saw two other work colleagues, poor things ( still working!)
    Last edited by Dorothy rouse; 10-10-2014, 10:20 PM.
    DottyR

Comment

• Oh yeah also, it's Friday, curry and beer night! ( or vino, in my case)
      DottyR

Comment

• Did a great 'hardwood cuttings' course at RHS Harlow Carr this week. We learnt how to do cuttings, then were let loose in certain areas of their beautiful garden with some secateurs!! Got about 20 cuttings, including 3 sorts of cornus, grapevine, blackcurrant, willow (think: living arch above my lottie gate) and crab apple. I have never been on any sort of gardening course before and it couldn't have been more enjoyable.
        My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

• My car insurance came through this today. Only gone up 67p per month. Do it via the bank and paperless so print insurance certificate as and when needed.
          sigpic

Comment

• Done a little bit of work for a local land owner today and got paid with a whole lamb, butchered and bagged.

Comment

• Took spotted nag and daughter to Jump club. Bluddy horse went on first time both ways
              Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• I just watched our venus fly trap houseplant on the kitchen windowsill, catch a house fly. SNAP!

My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Early spring cabbage and fresh leaks to go with my pork dinner tonight
                  Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• People who have shown loyalty above and beyond the call of duty....you know who you are.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• First morning without a temperature since Friday

Plus the rain has stopped! Everything's looking a bit flattened but there's still lots of colour down the bottom of my garden.

Attached Files
                      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                        First morning without a temperature since Friday

Plus the rain has stopped! Everything's looking a bit flattened but there's still lots of colour down the bottom of my garden.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50557[/ATTACH]
                        Thought you was gonna say you'd got a Drs appt...............
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Seeds arrived today, thank you VC, pity it's not right time to plant them. Got winter first!
                          DottyR

Comment

• Your garden looks lovely Martin, I luv it.
                            DottyR

Comment

• OMG IT'S ANOTHER GIRL! 2 grand daughters on the way...............................HELP!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mrswadders View Post
                                OMG IT'S ANOTHER GIRL! 2 grand daughters on the way...............................HELP!!!!!!
                                Lucky you Mrs Wadders, I only have one and two would be lovely. Start saving lol
                                Nannys make memories

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X