Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 'What Makes You Happy' Thread (Part 4)

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being home from night duty, in bed, with the cat. Evil Kitty missed me
    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Getting into bed after a very long night shift!

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
      Carrie

Comment

• Having a colonoscopy yesterday and being told that everything looked normal!! Plus, after 24 hours of not eating and taking laxatives, it is wonderful to just sit here with a normal cuppa and a slice of toast and home made marmalade.
        My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

• Originally posted by Noosner View Post
          Having a colonoscopy yesterday and being told that everything looked normal!! Plus, after 24 hours of not eating and taking laxatives, it is wonderful to just sit here with a normal cuppa and a slice of toast and home made marmalade.
          Fab new Noos!

Colonoscopies and flexible Sigmoidoscopies are such fun, huh!
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
            Fab new Noos!

Colonoscopies and flexible Sigmoidoscopies are such fun, huh!
            You said it, G4! I know you've had shenanigans in that dept. I've not had a flexi Sigmi.. sounds like you've blazed the trail there (though no doubt one you didn't particularly want to blaze...)

Comment

• Originally posted by Noosner View Post
              You said it, G4! I know you've had shenanigans in that dept. I've not had a flexi Sigmi.. sounds like you've blazed the trail there (though no doubt one you didn't particularly want to blaze...)
              Oh yes, botty cameras, CTs and MRIs - all a piece of cake. They hold no terrors for me, with the exception of needles they still reduce me to a blithering idiot. Disappearing veins, that collapse on contact with needles, don't help, either. My lump was iffy, and removed. All good. Four years and counting.

Oh yeah, forgot to ask, what did you think of Picolax!? Good, innit!?
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Oh yes, botty cameras, CTs and MRIs - all a piece of cake. They hold no terrors for me, with the exception of needles they still reduce me to a blithering idiot. Disappearing veins, that collapse on contact with needles, don't help, either. My lump was iffy, and removed. All good. Four years and counting.

4 years clear is ace, G4!! Well done.

Yes, I've got those sorts of veins too! So much so that the sedative didn't go in properly yesterday and it was a case of 'ow' and 'ouch' and 'aargh' all the way through. It wasn't that bad though.

Had Klean-Prep rather than P'lax, though have had P'lax before, for an operation. I had forgotten how violent the effect was, though!!

Comment

• Forgive me for not joining in ladies :eek

Ordered 30 strawberry roots which came today....twice. Called them up and was told to keep them. Now thats what I call a bargain

Comment

• Got a letter today confirming I'm now clear of skin cancer - very happy
                    What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                    Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• And very happy for you Skeggijon

Comment

• Finding out the farm round the corner does veg box delivery (I have nearly run out of my own before you ask!!) 😄

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Gerkin View Post
                          Finding out the farm round the corner does veg box delivery (I have nearly run out of my own before you ask!!) ��

What boxes

Comment

Oh yes

Oh my word,run for the ........................hills
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I feel happy for skeggjohn,and our nooser,congratulations on your good news,know just how it feels
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Visiting my 95 year old aunt yesterday, she had a heart attack a couple of months back as a result of climbing some way up a mountain...a steep climb that would exhaust a much...much younger person! We were all so worried about her but she's bounced back, looking young and spritely and full of life and interest in everything, she is so inspiring! Her daughter will be 70 next year and she still has her mum fussing over her! Amazing!

Just wanted to add, I also know how good nooser and skegijohn are feeling, having had a year of treatment for breast cancer. I was diagnosed exactly three years ago and thankfully been clear for two years, hopefully that's the end of it!
                                Last edited by Verinda; 18-10-2014, 05:53 PM.
                                The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X