urgent found egg

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent found egg

Hi all just been down the plot and had to come back cos i found a blue egg think it might be a robin's does anyone know or have any ider as to how to look after it
    ther are no cracks in it but it has a scratch there something has had it uther than that no damadge
    there is something in it
    (and i dont think its a dragon erogon good film)
    Also there is a disused nest in the shed should i put it in that and keep it worm
    or should i put it somewhere the mother can find it

(no daft iders like boil it fry it ) thanks
    Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
    Dobby

was it still warm? you could try an incubator or a hot pad kept at warm temp and rotate daily. What to do IF, and it is a big if, it hatches???? sad I know but I would leave alone. I can not see the mother being able to rescue it and put back into nest.
    Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful..William Morris

Comment

Can you ring your local animal rescue/rspca for advice? I agree that the mother now prob can't reclaim it. Keep it warm is about all I can offer other than trying to find a local pro. Let us know what happens Dobby.
      Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

yes, if its still warm keep it warm if not let it go. dont know how you will rear it once hatched
        Yo an' Bob
        Walk lightly on the earth
        take only what you need
        give all you can
        and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Im going to ring the rspca thanks but what can they do
          Im thinking about making some kind of nest and putting it outside when it worms up a bit and hopeing that a bird will adopt it some how?

i got it in my hand now
          if it hatches I we will be digging up worms uther than that i dont know
          Mrs D dont know yet
          Last edited by Dobby; 11-05-2007, 01:06 PM.
          Dobby

Comment

is it still warm?
            Yo an' Bob
            take only what you need
            give all you can

Comment

yes do you know what to do yoanbob
              Dobby

Comment

well a mother robin would know, i just know about ducks and chooks, if you want it to hatch it has to be kept warm, and turned an odd number of times a day, idealy 5. but i dont know if robin eggs like humidity or not.
                also bad eggs are somtimes disgarded from the nest to stop infection spreading, i would keep it warm on some kind of hot pad or a warm hot water bottle and try and candle it in a few days
                Yo an' Bob
                take only what you need
                give all you can

Comment

would a heated propergator be to hot?
                  or should i just ring the rspca for some advice
                  Dobby

Comment

ring rspca anyway but they proberbly wont know exact temp, above our body heat but not hot would be my guess, dont let it go cold now tho, get in on a hot water bottle covered with a tea towel till you can sort somthing out.
                    Yo an' Bob
                    take only what you need
                    give all you can

Comment

its still in my hand thanks going to find there number will let you all know how i get on thanks
                      Dobby

Comment

good luck, candle when you can to see its alive in there, if its been disgarded due to infection there is nothing you can do.
                        Yo an' Bob
                        take only what you need
                        give all you can

Comment

just rang them and they siad if it has been removed form the nest or abdond it has little or no chance of survival
                          well I say i'm going to give it the best chance i can i'm going to keep it worm and if or when it hatches i'll have to try and feed it (I wont give up on it)
                          but i think i will take it up to the plot when i go and try and see if i can get a bird to adopt it
                          Dobby

Comment

there is no chance that will happen lee unfortunate but true, birds can count their eggs and wont take extra after first day of sitting, and wont go broody just cos there is a convienient egg, sorry dude.
                            best chance is to keep it warm and turn it, if you want help candling i can pop round and show you.
                            also if it does hatch can lend you sringe for feeding.
                            Yo an' Bob
                            take only what you need
                            give all you can

Comment

there is a bird nesting in the bugla at the frunt of the house thought about putting it in there but if its only going to get pushed out then i wont do that

thats why its only harf cut back good reson not to finsh the job

what do i feed it if it hatches

yea if your not doing anything thig this weekend it would be great to see you both again we have to pick up a green house this weekend but will let you know when
                              Dobby

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X