No announcement yet.

urgent found egg

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all, he's home now, sore n feeling tired, but otherwise ok! He'll be on in a short while to say hi, and probably on tomorrow too, but please help me to get him to rest folks, let him on for an hour at a time, then tell him to rest up for an hour! lol!

Flum!!!!! Winky drinks a bit more than I do, so I couldnt porshibly be called that, honerst!
    Blessings
    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Best wishes to you too Paulottie. It'll be quiet without you!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thanks for all the get well wishes I'm home now and about to have some desont food
        hope all goes well for you tomorow paul
        Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
        Dobby

Comment

Originally posted by Paulottie View Post
          Hope your on the mend now Mr D. Going for an op myself in the morning, hope we are both back on our allotments soon eh...much better for you than hospital!
          Hope your hospital visit is short and successful. Take care and quick recovery.

Dobby - rest now!!!
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by Paulottie View Post
            Hope your on the mend now Mr D. Going for an op myself in the morning, hope we are both back on our allotments soon eh...much better for you than hospital!

Best wishes an' all that.

This 19 stone needlephobic is going for his pre-op appointment on Friday.

I have my fast acting valium so they can poke a needle in me without the OH having to carry me out while apologising for the "pavement pizza".
            Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
            Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
            I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

Peter and Paul, hope you both have a very short stay in hospital. If they give you a bedside internet connection - well, there's the Vine.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Mr D, glad you're home - hope you have your feet up indoors, not outside with the plants for a while longer. Paul and Peter, good luck both ... come back soon fully recovered. Sue
                Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Yes I'm in side resting its againt my natuer to sit and rest but i got to or else Ill be in trubble by MRs D and LJ has a pea stick
                  Dobby

Comment

Getting back to the Egg

I recived this email from bird food.co.uk
                    its not good but let me know what you all think

Thank you for your enquiry.

I've checked with our local wildlife hospital and they have suggested
                    that it's kindest to discard the egg.

If you are able to hatch the egg the nestling will "imprint" on you and,
                    in simple terms, will think that it's a person rather than a bird. The
                    major concern is that it will need feeding every ten minutes with high
                    protein food for about a fortnight and would then normally be gradually
                    helped to independence by one or both parents.

It is possible to get young birds to live independent lives with a bit
                    of luck and expertise, but the success rate is generally very low,
                    apparently.

I hope this is helpful, and I am sorry to have to be the bearer of sad
                    news.

Yours faithfully

Martin George
                    Wildlife Advice Manager
                    CJ WildBird Foods Limited
                    The Rea
                    Upton Magna
                    Shrewsbury
                    Shropshire
                    SY4 4UR

Company reg. no. 2101581 England

E-mail: martin.george@birdfood.co.uk
                    www.birdfood.co.uk
                    Last edited by Lesley Jay; 17-05-2007, 09:56 AM.
                    Dobby

Comment

• Well, at least you got a reply.....

That is a shame, but a feed every ten mins for 2 weeks !?

Even if you could somehow do that, could you teach it to fly? How will it learn to forage for food?

Have you candled the egg yet, do you know if it is fertile? Did you find an alternative to Mrs D non-existant bra!

These and other questions!

Terry
                      The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

• Ok I am I got radio 2 on on the computer as well
                        Dobby

Comment

• we have it in a heated propergator but like they say feed it evert 10 min for 2 weeks its a shame but its not posible Ill have to tell Mrs D
                          going to have to turn the propergator of before it hatches
                          Dobby

Comment

• I am not disputing the letter for one moment but how do the commercial or estates that rear birds for shooting cope or is it done automatically. Visions of hairy arsed game keepers flapping their arms in a training class of partridge.

Comment

• I think its in there natuer to fly and they do it atomaticly
                              Dobby

Comment

• Mr D, pea stick sounds painful, stay where you are!!
                                Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X