There's always hope with ducks...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's always hope with ducks...

No matter how lost things might be starting to feel, the unremitting niceness of ducks will invariably lead you home...
    Attached Files

That's really nice, and true with most ducks, especially wild mallards. But we have this freak called 'Donald' who is a Muscovy... (a 'Barbarie' maybe) with red and black markings. He turned up without asking five or six years ago, and has spent all his time attacking the geese (he tries to mate them) and attacking us (he has claws!) We have been too kind hearted to send him packing, but I feel he lets down the whole duck race! But then somebody said his kind were more closely related to geese than ducks anyway.

Comment

Oh that's really cute, Herbs.

My eight cats rub along fine with our flock of chooks. So much so that the neighbours' cats will often try to cut through the garden (having seen our lot go through the Chook Garden) and wonder why they get beaten up by the chooks. The chooks know which cats belong and which don't. Always amazes me!
      Last edited by julesapple; 18-05-2013, 04:32 PM.
      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Is the cat quackers?
        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
        Brian Clough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X