My Dog - Mighty Hunter

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dog - Mighty Hunter

Evening stroll with the hound, ambling past Vicarage Wood and the fearless hunter flushes out a couple of conies. With a mighty leap and no thought of his own safety he leaps on poor old bugs and stands over him.

Woohoo first kill and its rabbit stew tonight thinks I, takes a second look and estimates I may get a sandwhich as its a quivering little baby bunny about a month old. Still nature is as nature does.

Fearless hunter leans down, opens his mouth, is that a bit of drool glistening off his pearly with fangs, lowers his head, opens his mouth even wider (bloody hell he going to swallow him whole thinks I, can you even do a Heimlich Manoeuvre on a dog) and ...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    licks the thing on the ear
    :

he then (the dog) turns too me with a didnt I do well smile and the rabbit scarpers.

Mind you dont quote me but he was a cute little bunny

SOunds as though yours is related to The Natch
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

daft, floppy eared, f**ting world champion, snores like thunder

cousins maybe!!

Comment

Ahh you've met the Natch

in ASBO mode

The Country look
        Attached Files
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

I used to help some unsighted friends by taking their dogs for a run on some local marshes. There were a lot of rabbits and there was often road kill. After they'd been there for a while ( I called them crusty rabbits ) they would really stink. If one of the dogs got hold of one of the crusties, there was no chance of getting the dog to release it. When we got back, the offending dog would be banished to the garden until the pong wore off and that could take several dog baths.
          I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
            Ahh you've met the Natch

[ATTACH]1978[/ATTACH] in ASBO mode

[ATTACH]1979[/ATTACH] The Country look
            Yep definitely related

ps you know you have started something now
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by terrier View Post
              I used to help some unsighted friends by taking their dogs for a run on some local marshes. There were a lot of rabbits and there was often road kill. After they'd been there for a while ( I called them crusty rabbits ) they would really stink. If one of the dogs got hold of one of the crusties, there was no chance of getting the dog to release it. When we got back, the offending dog would be banished to the garden until the pong wore off and that could take several dog baths.
              sometimes they can be the most disgusting of animals and it makes you wonder why we get em

Comment

I don't have any piccies which is a shame, but we used to have a Mallinoise (I think that's how it's spelt) - A Belgian Shepherd. It were a berloody great thing. Thing is, it had orange eyes!!! and due to a minor accident at home, where it lost the end of it's tail, the hair grew into a fork! Furthermore, it never barked, and very rarely growled. When it was checking something out, it just swelled, and stared! Talk about devil dog!!!!

Zebedee
                "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

Ooh an orange eyed dog - I want one

Comment

Have you ever noticed when they find something that's really RIPE they line themselves up and try to cover the area between their shoulder blades with the most foul smelliong slime they can find, then expect you to let them into the house as though nothing smells sweeter?
                    Digger-07

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right" Henry Ford.

Comment

lol yes,
                      the farmers stick hugh mounds of muck in the fields prior to ploughing and he buries himself in it, OH wont let him in the house - have to take and bung him in the Wye

Comment

fox poo has to be the worse - can highly recommend tomato sauce to get the smell out!!!

Only a week or so before we moved, I took the dogs out to the beach where they promptly found a dead porpoise/dolphin. VERY dead. Managed to stop them rolling in it eventually and discouraged all souvenirs. When we got home I rang the reporting line for dead finds of this nature. Left a message.

Dolphin geek phoned back and caught OH rather than me.

Dolphin geek: 'Are you sure it was dead and not injured?'
                        OH: 'Judging by the amount still stuck in my dogs teeth, I'd say it is!'

Oz (my most disgusting hound, will eat anything, can tell you some stories that would make you hurl) is a GSD x Deerhound. A couple of people have asked if he's a Mallionoise. We say no, he's a Welsh Dorkhound...

Comment

Max is too lazy to hunt anything.... he'd rather be relaxing

Comment

Brilliant.

Ho stop it, i'm laughing so much here.
                            Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

[QUOTE=laura g;100313]
                              We say no, he's a Welsh Dorkhound...

QUOTE]
                              Asked the OH and she wont let me have a Welsh Dorkhound she thought being from Gods own country herself that I was taking the p**s, she ended with a welsh word that wasnt I imagine endearing

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X