No announcement yet.

fox

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hope it was the baby fox was over the site this evening and i dont know if they can tell someone had helped him/her live but there have been sightings of the parents with the little fox lets hope it lives a happy and long life
    and one day like the elephant in that advert who never forgot the poor little thing has it's own back on whoever tied it up
    god bless everyone for your thoughts on the subject thankyou

Comment

I agree with you Terry. What you said about killing something that will not be eaten is a real thought provoker. It is a difficult problem as I have seen foxes' damage many times. It's still a pretty vivid memory watching my then three year old son picking his guinea pig's head out of his sandpit last year. Also what you say is true Foxes are very cruel and will indeed kill everything in the hen house given the chance. I understand their need to feed their cubs but they are horrid creatures and in no way cute.

However, I am a great believer in karma. I have no doubt that the cruelty displayed by these people will be visited on them in some way.

Comment

Foxes do (if given the chance) kill many more animals than they immediately need. However, they do not do this just for the sake of it. It is an evolutionary advantage - if presented with a glut of animals, the fox will kill all the ones available. Generally speaking in the wild, it's not often that the fox will come across a number of possible prey items, so it has evolved to take advantage of this surplus. If given the opportunity, they will then come back to take others away to bury. The buried prey will last quite a long time in the ground, and acts as a food reservoir for bad times, much as we all use a freezer to store our excess veg.

It may be that a fox in a chicken coop kills more than it can manage to carry away before it is disturbed, or just more than it can carry away full stop, but it is us who put the birds into the artificial situation of being in relatively high density, in a confined space. I'm not a 'bunny hugger' - I've seen the effect that a fox can have if they get into a bird coop. However, calling them 'cruel' is pointless - it is hunting behaviour honed through evolution to ensure a continuing food supply, to keep the animal alive.

Back on topic, people causing cruelty to animals like that sickens me too. I do hope the cub survives to live a long and healthy life.
        http://inelegantgardener.blogspot.com

Comment

terrible, there's no need! wicked ppl, as said b4, ....'what goes around comes around.'

Comment

Well, I am becoming more and more of a fox hater by the minute but as I said before, kill them before they kill your animals fine, but do it humanely, we are not barbarians ---- are we??
            Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

I do not like vermin and pests, ie, foxes, wabbits, pigeons etc. I eat wabbits and pigeons (never tried fox!!! Joke) However, deliberate cruely to any animal for any reason is a denial of our humanity (as is cruelty to another person, I hasten to add!). Hunting for sport is totally prattish. If you have to kill, do it quickly. Do it cleanly. If you can't do that, leave them alone.

Zebedee
              "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X