Lucky me!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky me!!!

I left my teaching job today, (it was only destined to be from Jan to May and I start another job after half term (only til the summer hols though)) and was really sad to be leaving (having sworn I wouldn't get attached to 'my' class.
    However, I had the usual ordeal of having to stand at the front of assembly to be presented with flowers etc. Anyway, I got £50 of gardening vouchers from staff and a further £40 worth from parents; how lovely is that!! Plus flowers and half a dozen cards and a smellies prezzie from another teacher who has become my good friend.
    On the one hand I'm really sad to have left, but on the other I'm so happy I've made a couple of really good friends in that short space of time, AND have £90 worth of free money to spend on the garden!!

Kind of pointless post, but just wanted to share; I can't believe everyone's generosity - especially after such a short time of having me there.

Hope everyone's ok.

Well done Waffler, bet you felt really choked - even if you want to leave, all that sentimental stuff gets to you. What are you going to be doing now?

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
      Well done Waffler, bet you felt really choked - even if you want to leave, all that sentimental stuff gets to you. What are you going to be doing now?
      Gardening??????????
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Enjoy spending the vouchers and one thing (at least) that reminds you of 'your' class! Good to hear there are still nice folks abroad in the world!
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Waffler
          You must have made a very good impression!
          Sue

Comment

Waffler, work in a school myself! how nice! how can u not get attached to ur class! enjoy spending ur vouchers, shopping is next on my list to gardening lol!

Comment

Enjoy it Waffler, you've earned it.
              Bright Blessings
              Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

EB - off topic, have replied on paranormal thread re - crystals, u mite want 2 look, have a real interest in this!

Comment

Yes Snadger - definitely gardening for the next couple of weeks. Let's hope the summer comes back!

Comment

I'm sure it's a good feeling for you Waffler. I'm sure you'll buy one plant to commemorate your time there and the people you met. I think most people are kind and good. It's just the baddies who grab attention.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X