Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everybod! How are you all long time no chat for me! I haven't seen Jeannie D for an age! Puppy! Wow. I'll have to visit! Hope you're all good and well. I'm off to an 80s festival today. V excited!
    http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

• Morning all - cool and grey here, breezy too! OH and I have just painted the spare bedroom - base coat yesterday, magnolia today. I fear it may need a second coat but OH is very confident that it won't! We'll see. Anyway have a good day everyone.

Comment

• It was grey and foggy here first thing, but the sun's come out now. Hoping to get to the allotment this afternoon before the predicted rain arrives.

Comment

• Good afternoon peeps,lunch cooking,then of to the lotties,see what,if anything,i feel like doing,might chill and read my mag,
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Hi All. Cloudy and very windy here. Ventured out and picked a few tomatoes to ripen on the windowsill. Bit better thanks G4, but it's my bladdy hip now I'll just about be fit to go back to work on Tuesday.
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Granny flo, did get a discount, £7.50 I think.

Lounging around now, back to back teas post turkey hunt. Wasn't bad. Ball now in the suitors court. Don't hold one's breath.
              Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

• Aaaaaaaaaaarternooooooon Peeps! Had a Horsey day, thoroughly enjoyable. Went to watch chum's Horse in the Dressage - very impressed - won first class, waiting to hear what happened in the other as we left before the end. Then went for natter/coffee and chores at stables. My old Boy not interested in talking to me, but went and had a cuddle with one of the other owners. OK, I can take a hint...

Coffee?
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Prevening All.....

Today's gems;

Customer brandishing dress pattern "Excuse me, have you got another pattern exactly the same as this? I don't want to do it in the floral pattern they've used. I need a pattern for a plain dress"

Customer looking at the fun fur " How much do you think I need to make a teddy bear costume for a miniature pony?"

Guy holding a bale of fabric in a really loud print " Do you think this will suit my wife, I mean, do you think she'll like it?"

"I need to put a zip in a dress. What colour and size will I need?" Err....what's your fabric like? "I don't know, I haven't chosen it yet." What sort of pattern have you got? "I haven't chosen that yet either"

Give me strength or, possibly, brandy.

I'm so thankful it's Sunday tomorrow.
                  Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Oh Jules I feel for you - my girls could never ever visualise knitting or sewing patterns made up in other colours or patterns.

Managed allotment this afternoon, with helpers in tow. Did some weeding and a bit of harvesting. The boys were finding caterpillars for me and putting them in a plastic bottle - they're now having a nice swim in salty water

Comment

• Thanks Jules, that did make me laugh!

Comment

• Geef, you can do the shop on Monday then!

Rusty, the woman was convinced that she actually couldn't make that pattern up because the packet had a floral print dress in the photo on the front. I pointed out that the pattern was just tissue; it wouldn't know what fabric she had used, but she said 'No, you don't understand, this pattern is only for flowery fabrics' No, no, it really isn't honestly - but there was no persuading her and she couldn't accept that the same didn't come in a plain version.
                        Last edited by julesapple; 17-08-2013, 05:29 PM.
                        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                          Geef, you can do the shop on Monday then!

Rusty, the woman was convinced that she actually couldn't make that pattern up because the packet had a floral print dress in the photo on the front. I pointed out that the pattern was just tissue; it wouldn't know what fabric she had used, but she said 'No, you don't understand, this pattern is only for flowery fabrics' No, no, it really isn't honestly - but there was no persuading her and she couldn't accept that the same didn't come in a plain version.
                          good grief,she should not be allowed near a pattern and machine,heard it all now,
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• The world's full of Nutters!

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                              Good afternoon peeps,lunch cooking,then of to the lotties,see what,if anything,i feel like doing,might chill and read my mag,
                              forgot the mag,but still made good use of time,yesterday DH knocked some scaffold planks together for a seat bench in side the shed,so this afternoon,total transformation,i took some years old curtain from an our old caravan down,we now have curtains hanging off canes over the windows,some older foam seats and a backrest,the cushion/pillow covers just want filling,shed all tidy,and comfy,we spend a lot of time down there,so why not have some comfort out of things hanging around,doing nowt,also did some site work weeding,a change IS as good as a rest,

Comment

• And the turkey hunt continues. Struck out again. Oh, well, onwards and upwards.
                                Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
                                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X