This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BH punctured & plastered. Big wimp.

Just been in Sainsbods - it's freezing in there, warmer outside. Glad I'm not staff.... It's definitely Autumnal - soup for supper. I noticed all the Autumn fruits and vegs in the stores today. Some of the pears are beautiful - probably tasteless, but lovely to look at. Reminds me of setting up still life arrangements for art at school years ago.

Came home to find a carrier bag (nearly but not quite) containing six huge marrows on my doorstep. They're from my BinL. We don't eat marrow, so the chooks are currently picking the innards out of two. Rest are in the garage for the chooks to have another time.

Coffee?
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Morning all Apparently I am "bestest husband in the world" but I'm sure it is only a very temporary title
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Jules, there are so many things you can do with Marrow! I used our last one to make those greek-style cheesy fritters from the Courgette recipe threads. Fabbo!

I'll have a pint of what you're drinking, BB!

Right, that's me fed, time to get on. Catch ya laaaater...
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Just can't abide the stuff. I used to make marrow & ginger jam, but only the diabetic will eat it and I can't make it very cheaply for him.

Right, I'm off sewing.....
          Jules

Comment

• Back in a while,I am off to collect a nice big root of proper old fashioned garden mint
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Morning all. Hobbled around the supermarket now back home, coffee and cake in hand, and with leg up. Any excuse for a surf.

Knee is improving so I've avoided the Drs. Self diagnosis suggests yet another knee cap dislocation, a regular event but not usually quite so spectacular

The sun is out after a dreary but dry spell.

Have a good day, all.
              Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Conspiracies are stopping me sewing. Ma on the phone for yonks, bl**dy Genghis from next door......

I think I need to sew a toaster cover - I hate things like that, I can never figure the need for toaster covers. Until now.

Coffee? Ah s¤d it; I'm having a caramel wafer.
                Jules

Comment

• I've an old shower curtain you could line it with to waterproof it!

Comment

• Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                    Conspiracies are stopping me sewing. Ma on the phone for yonks, bl**dy Genghis from next door......

I think I need to sew a toaster cover - I hate things like that, I can never figure the need for toaster covers. Until now.
                    Jules you needing a toaster cover had me wondering so me being nosy I found out on the rant thread about next doors cat yuck I'd be really mad and want them to pay to have the whole kitchen deep cleaned.

I had the choice between a Tunnock or a scone so the scone won.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Bren, I'd love for them to do that! A replacement toaster is going to cost them about £150.......

I just cleaned the kitchen. All of the sides, bread bin etc etc have all been anti-bact'ed. I've also sprayed citronella on the wall behind the toaster to (hopefully) deter Genghis from doing it again. Just waiting for it all to dry before I put the kitchen back together. Don't want to go mad with anti-cat stuff because my cats live here too. And I don't see why we should have to sit with all the doors and windows closed when the weather is so nice - we'll be all battened down soon enough when Winter is here.

More coffee, anyone? Just got time for a fly cup before I go and finish the soup.
                      Jules

Comment

• Originally posted by WendyC View Post
                        I've an old shower curtain you could line it with to waterproof it!
                        I never thought about that - I've got ripstop fabric that's waterproof. Good idea, that girl!
                        Jules

Comment

• BB I could have sent some mint root to you, do you want any more? Afternoon All. Bright sunshine here, best part of the day really. Better get some watering done then. See you later.
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Aaaaaaaaaaarternooooooooon Peeps! Warm innit!?
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• It's sort of cloudy here, and breezy, but still warm. I think we might get a shower later. Or sooner.

Just left my sewing to come and blitz the soup. At least I got the fiddly antlers sewn on. I might do some more after supper, depending on the light.

Bit worried about the new garden fence; it's terribly wobbly. I hope we don't get gales this Winter....
                              Jules

Comment

• We've had mizzle for most of the day
                                Today's young man is still working, replacing the wood around the garage door. I'm the gopher again - I've found timber for the uprights, hookie clips to hold the wiring, drill bits, sanding discs, long screws, L-shaped metal pieces and primer. Failed to find any wood filler but did find a reciprocating saw (whatever that is) and learnt that both the spirit levels here are inaccurate and been shown how to tell !!
                                So many new things I've learnt today I like that
                                Hope you've all had good days.
                                Jules, that cat is lucky he didn't end up with toasted nuts

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X