Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh dear, just read your rants Jules. You're having a very frustrating day. I'll make it a double
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I'm hoping I've got all the niggles done with now, Flo. They're a bit like buses.....although I don't mind if they don't turn up at all!

Thanks for (badly needed) brandy!
      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Evening all... Busy last few days... Have daughter's birthday party tomorrow so running around preparing for that... Bouncy castle and slide arrives tomorrow morning...
        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
        sigpic

Comment

• Bouncy castles, hope it's all injury free. Nothing like filling them up with sugar and letting them all loose! Your ears will take a pounding at least

Lovely day again here. Waiting for son to arise so we can pump some water. He was up watching stuff on the net till early hours this morning.

I need to get some food started cooking, head to the garden and get some stuff done while I wait for him.

I shall not look at my seeds till tomorrow. I promise! One more job to do before I go there (and not return from seed heaven till autumn )
          Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Good Day!! Another beautiful morning, sun shining through the trees whilst the poor folk in the city below are covered in mist - just the tall buildings sticking their roofs through it. There are some advantages to living on the side of a hill
            Taking my Mum to the hospital today for a cataract op. Did the same thing a few years ago and when we got there, they decided not to do the op as it wouldn't help. She has macular degeneration as well as the cataracts. I'm hoping that they don't do the same thing to her today as she is really hoping for some improvement, however small, in her vision - even though she's a bag of nerves about the op itself. I've had mine done so at least I've been able to tell her what to expect. Fingers crossed!!
            Have a lovely day everyone!!

Comment

• Good Morning Feral and VC and anyone else who's peeking in. Bright sunshine again here too. Hope all goes well with your mum VC. Enjoy the party Trip. A colleague has brought me about 10lbs of eating apples because "You'll know what to do with them". Mmmm - trouble is, my freezer's full
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning All, we have mist too. It smells like it'll be a good day once the mist has burned off. It was quite warm in the sun yesterday, but the mornings and evenings have a definite nip these days.

Good luck to your Mum, VC. Hope they make some improvement. Hope the party goes well, Trip.

Most of the children hereabouts go back to school today - hurrah! Bumped into one of the mums from over the back yesterday. She was telling me how much the uniform and kit had cost for her four children and it made my eyes water. She has four under twelve and they all go to a local prep school - no wonder they live in a council house; the uniform alone would bankrupt me......

One of our freezers packed in last night. Most annoying. It had been erratic for some time though. Must keep my eyes peeled on Freecycle....

Coffee?
                Jules

Comment

• Morning, it feels like the summers back just as the kids go back to school so I'm not to jealous today about your nice weather Feral.

Happy birthday to your daughter Trip, and all the best for your Mums opp VC

Flo have you ever tried drying apples and hanging them on a cane I'm going to give it a go this year.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• G'Moooooooooornin' Peeps! Sunny again, and I slept better last night! Hope your Mum's op goes without a hitch, VC. Hope the party's fabbo, Trip.

Coffee?
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• good morning peeps,
                      All the best to your mum VC,Happy birthday to your daughter Trip,hope all have a good time,Happy spring time Feral,Jules,stop feeding that bad fairy,it's about time you saw some better days,
                      We still not seen rain,another sunny day by the looks of things,yesterday,was cold in the am,by middle of afternoon was really hot and clammy,and the bitters are still out there,
                      Last edited by lottie dolly; 03-09-2013, 08:08 AM.
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all

Good luck VC's mum

Today I am having a day off & going to the seaside Anyone fancy meeting for ice cream cones in Barmouth ??
                        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Busy, busy day! And HOT! Was like summer all day. Think it's cooling off again tonight tho. We'll see how cool it gets.

Need to clean the kitchen, and do some cooking for the next week or so. Onwards and upwards.

I missed your mothers op VC, but hope it goes well.
                          Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Thanks All for your good wishes. Its not 'til 12 so I'll give you some peace this afternoon.
                            BB, I'd love to meet up in Barmouth for icecream...........haven't been there for years
                            Have an extra one for me

Comment

• Will Do
                              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Mist has burned away now - it's beautiful out there.

Wasn't able to get my PVA, it was out of stock unless I wanted a three litre bucket

So, now I don't know whether to sew or get my new mastic gun out and do some caulking (the T&G shrank when the heating went on last year) so that I can get going with the glossing tomorrow. I hate gloss painting......needs must though.

Or shall I sew cushions? Decisions, decisions......
                                Jules

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X