Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Anniversary, Bren - glad you've had a fab time.
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• I can speak now i have info,regards to son getting knocked of his bike in a hit and run,
      The hand is useless at the mo,been tolled will take a few weeks,
      Good news is,2 witnesses contacted the police,with full details,in favour of the son,officer in charge of the case said,it will take a while to sort out,he will not give any info as regards the guilty driver,not even supply son with a copy of the photo taken of his hand at the time,as its evidence,saying son cannot make a claim on the car driver's insurance,as it was a cycle,this has not gone down well with any of us,son now scared he will be left out of pocket and mind again,with no come back,surely this cannot be right,to persue a private case in court is a no no,cause of the cost,he really does not need all this bother,also means,another mess to help scrape up again,under the past/old laws,he would have been entitled to legal aid,but i heard that one has been scrapped,we are not happy,i know the police will punish the culprit,eventally,have also heard that because he left the scean it's automatic prison??/
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
        ...........,saying son cannot make a claim on the car driver's insurance,as it was a cycle,this has not gone down well with any of us,son now scared he will be left out of pocket and mind again,with no come back,surely this cannot be right,to persue a private case in court is a no no,cause of the cost,he really does not need all this bother,also means,another mess to help scrape up again,under the past/old laws,he would have been entitled to legal aid,but i heard that one has been scrapped,we are not happy,i know the police will punish the culprit,eventally,have also heard that because he left the scean it's automatic prison??/
        That's something you can do without, LD - I do hope your son recovers quickly.

Let the police deal with the driver as far as a prosecution is concerned, but I don't think that there is any reason not to raise the matter in the small claims court for compensation for the cost of the bike/loss of earnings - he can either take an action against the driver, or his insurance company.

I'd suggest that he takes it against the insurance as they are less likely to bother contest the claim as it will be too small (as far as they are concerned). It's not difficult or expensive - he just fills in a form, makes a statement and takes it to a hearing.

Tell your son to visit Citizens Advice - and their web site is good too.
        Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 21-09-2013, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• thanks Hazel,it is still early days i know,only been 1 week,
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Hope it gets sorted quick LD. What about all these "Have you had an accident that wasn't your fault?" ads. I wonder if TS can throw any advice being an avid cyclist.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
              Hope it gets sorted quick LD. What about all these "Have you had an accident that wasn't your fault?" ads. I wonder if TS can throw any advice being an avid cyclist.
              Personally, I wouldn't go near a no-win-no-fee solicitors with a bargepole. My opinion of them is not for airing on a family forum.

Comment

• I have no personal experience of them Hazel, I just wondered if it was an option if LD hits a brick wall (not literally of course, then that would be 2 claims). I'll shut up now.
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• ^^^^ Nutter ^^^^
                  Citizen's Advice to start with Lottie. Hope your son recovers soon and can sort it out. Such unnecessary distress for you all.

Comment

• Thanks friends,i recone for now,there is nothing we can do,just sit and wait,his best friend will come up with an answer,am sure,he should have been a barrister bless him,we tolled him we have adopted him lol,like i said early days,am going to hit the hay in bit,DH already has,

Comment

• Its good to have a friend like that Lottie Take care of yourself too Go and get yourself some sleep. I'm going to have an early night too

Comment

• sweet dreams friends

Comment

• And you Lottie x

Comment

• Best wishes Lottie ^_^

Out at a birdy party. So have sampled the shampoo and penot Gregorio for you ^_*

www.horticulturalhobbit.com
                            http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info
                            Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

• Morning All!! Very foggy here - can't see the end of the garden Maybe its a heat haze
                              Hope everyone is well and smiley today
                              I am

Comment

• You're up bright and early VC! Grey here but there is blue visible in small patches. Yesterday it was lovely in the afternoon and evening. We went to Beeston Castle near Chester - you can see for miles and miles. No-one was going to sneak up on them! I have a head cold, no immunity to the new Y7 germs yet ... aaarghhh! But feeling a bit better today, so off down the plot later to survey the wilderness.

I bought 6 jars of Asda Mild Curry Sauce yesterday (16p a jar) to empty down the sink so I could use the jars. It does seem terribly wasteful I know, but it is cheaper than buying jars. On the list of ingredients it said sultanas. There were 13 sultanas in total!! Less than 2.1 sultanas per jar.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X