X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chatback 4

Subtle, aren't they, HH!? Ruddy cheek!

I went to our local feed centre this morning, to buy Chook feed and bedding. Came home with six more Chooks...
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Do you really want a husband little Hobbit? I realise how important it is to your family, but what about you?
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Someone to share my life with, granny flo. and if that means husband, that is a bonus! So, yes, wouldn't mind one not that anyone of my Bollywood married mates are selling it as an institution.

Chaat anyone? Starters soon.
      Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

gardening experience this year so far has not bin good. Apparently i live in the slug capital of the world and other half wouldn't let me put any thing down. Well in your face Mr coz all those tomatoes i was growing just for you as you nagged me too, even though i don't like them, have all bin gobbled up by those blooming pest slugs, HA.
        Life isn't tough people are

Comment

You sure it's slugs kristy? They don't normally eat tomato plants. I take it you started them outside? If you grow them to a decent size indoors on a windowsill or in a greenhouse it's the best way to get them to a decent size before you put them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
            You sure it's slugs kristy? They don't normally eat tomato plants. I take it you started them outside? If you grow them to a decent size indoors on a windowsill or in a greenhouse it's the best way to get them to a decent size before you put them out.
            yes right in to the ground. Last time i had great success, i saw the little blighters munching away on them, i put stuff down once his tomatoes had gone to prove a point and counted after just one evening 12 slugs on my tomatoes alone. Sound cruel i know. I had loads of beans but only have 6 shoots left. Him i should poison he he he. I worked hard digging that garden up.

Comment

Have you tried other barriers rather than pellets kristy? I had some success with eggshells.

Comment

Oh i forgot about that one, i better get cooking come omlets then lol. Thank you florance.

Comment

Afternoon all! I've been and put my entry form in for the Show tomorrow - now I've just got to get all my entries ready!

The beetroot cake looks less like a cow pat now that it is iced (a generous amount in the middle to disguise the dip!), so that's the domestic classes now sorted (fruit cake, redcurrant jelly, chutney, and pickeled beetroot) - I'm back to the Hill in the minute to get picking!

Comment

Good luck with it all Hazel, fingers crossed for you. I've just had Heinz tomato poorly soup, I was ravenous. Kill or cure methinks. Daughtr brought me a huge bunch of roses and lilies, red and white. Himself is not best pleased of course, but I think they're beautiful.

Comment

Hope you're feeling perkier, Flo. Good luck tomorrow, Hazel.

I've just roped Mr.G in to helping me with operation chook-wing trim. They were less than impressed, as was he! All done now, and in the run sulking.
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Evening we've spent the week camping at Wells in Norfolk was lovely and sunny apart from some rain yesterday morning. I've read back a bit so I hope you're feeling better Flo and that the soup stays down. Good luck in the show tomorrow Hazel I've not made a beetroot cake but its on my to try list.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Evening All. Hope those who were under weather are feeling better now.
                          Speaking of weather, its been raining here and there are big black clouds rushing in from the Southwest. Below the clouds, glimpses of sunlight. Its very dramatic
                          Attached Files

Comment

Evening all. Busy day today. Managed 5 hours at the allotment this afternoon, some of it with my little helper. Loads of weeding done, Summer PSB cleared after cutting the last spears

No rain today, but it's been warm and muggy.

Comment

Ok, peeps, I'm back from the Hill with a great big pile of booty to sift through and whittle down to entries for the show.

I think that I may be some time....

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X