This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
    Go on then, I will - I've decided against doing the next round of fabric cutting for the peach quilt, as it's tricky on the bias stuff, and I don't think the pea-brain is up to it tonight!

Sounds like you had a right ditherer in the shop earlier. Although I do confess to spending ages choosing, then having to go out and have a walk round the block/cup of coffee before returning to confirming fabric selections. It's a lot of money to blow if you c*ck it up!

Right, risotto containing various Award Winning veg for me tonight - majoring on the courgettes, looking at the mountain in the kitchen...
    I would offer you wine, but someone has pinched & drunk mine. It's not really a lot of money for 10cms of fabric, which was all she was after - a metre or even half a metre I can understand - but all that, two visits, rudeness etc for 10cm which cost 89p.....
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Hehehe. 8.30
      am she toddles off to the plot. Had to call her at 10, using the pretext of a tea break; so that she has a pit stop. Made me drive down there with cardboard and tarp having told me the jobs she wanted done. Left me too it. 'Damp wiped' two bedrooms as she got bored-first day of her summer holidays- then did an inside out cleaning job on upper bay windows.. Then helped me, make ratatouille. Made eyes at me, suggesting that all I had to do was stir once she had chopped all the bits. Climbed the walls till the evening, and we went 'walking'
      To prematurely harvest sweetcorn. I'm doing a lot of 'yes, mother, no mother. Where you gone, mother."
      Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
        I would offer you wine, but someone has pinched & drunk mine. It's not really a lot of money for 10cms of fabric, which was all she was after - a metre or even half a metre I can understand - but all that, two visits, rudeness etc for 10cm which cost 89p.....
        You are joking!!

You should've shouted louder about the wine - I was in the kitchen top 'n' tailing beans & didn't hear you. You would have been welcome to a glass ALL TO YOURSELF of a newly opened Citrus Blossom TB wine - it is very tasty indeed.

Comment

Helloooooooooooo!! Anyone there?
          Last evening I wafted a bunch of lavender through the open window of a police car and offered the policemen a sniff...........just saying, you don't need to know why
          Have a lovely day

Comment

Morning the suns out so its going to be a good day

VC I hope the lavender was appreciated
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              Last evening I wafted a bunch of lavender through the open window of a police car and offered the policemen a sniff...........just saying, you don't need to know why
              Have a lovely day
              That's you just out of the Chanty then?

Hazel, wish I was, but no. I love helping people, I love fabric. But, honestly....

Another day shopsitting. I'm contemplating taking my sewing machine in, in case it's quiet....

Coffee?
              Last edited by julesapple; 13-08-2013, 06:55 AM.
              Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Morning all.

Sun's out, but there's a distinct nip in the air. Feels Autumnal.

Comment

G'Mooooooooooooornin' Peeps! Sunny here, and I'm on a 'go-slow' as I have to wait in this morning for Mr.G's parcels.

HH, your Mother sounds like the Bionic Woman!

Yes please to the coffee, Jules.
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Have a lovely day
                    Did you also wear a shawl and offer to read their tea leaves if they crossed your palm with silver??

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                      Did you also wear a shawl and offer to read their tea leaves if they crossed your palm with silver??
                      No - but I did offer to give them some!! They stopped to ask me directions!! Don't police cars have satnag? Just hope it wasn't an emergency

Comment

Comes to sommat when the Rozzers have to ask the local Nutter for directions!

*Grabs Tin 'At...
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Afternoon all!!

The likelihood is that they were looking for directions to VC's house anyway....(pick a reason yourselves )

..and VC used the lavender to throw them off the "scent"
                          Last edited by Tripmeup; 13-08-2013, 10:55 AM.
                          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                          sigpic

Comment

Good Evening from the Funny Farm!!
                            A new neighbour - the one I was chatting to last night when the police arrived - has just been up to the house with her 4 young children and a packet of chocolate biscuits!! Sent the 2 older girls to inspect the treehouse and the swing whilst we sat in the sun and ate all the biscuits - because they were melting.
                            One major moment when neighbour handed me the 1 year old and told he was a wriggler. Now wriggling puppies I can handle - but toddlers Then I was the hand-holder for the 2 year old up and down all the steps. Totally out of my comfort zone
                            Strong black coffee needed now! - Anyone else?

Comment

You have my sympathy VC. As grandmother to nine children of ages varying from 20 down to nearly 2 I know what children are like

Comment

It's been a funny old day. I am just beginning to feel better, but Himself has developed a dental abscess and had to hot foot it to the dentist. He's on antibiotics until they can take out the tooth, probably Monday. That was after he had to attend his isotope bone scan at the hospital without me. Some annual leave this has been. Hope tomorrow brings better things
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X