Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still raining here, Rusty, and looks like it'll be here for a while longer I'll tell it to hurry up and head your way
    Good job I did my veg picking this morning

Comment

• Sorry Flo, didn't see you there. There was a break in transmission while I dried 3 wet dogs I've just made a fresh pot - and have your china cup and saucer ready for you

Comment

• Keep the rain to yourself VC we've just had a mug of tea and an egg custard.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• We've had the rain too. Coming in from the west, over there, by Wales. It's stopped for now, but not for long methinks.

I am supposed to have cleaned everything but perches out of the henhouse this afternoon. The Dd is coming over early in the morning to apply Ficam to my red mites (yes, I know the legal stuff, she is licensed) as things are getting out of hand and my girls are suffering. We've tried everything this year, even creocote hasn't touched them. I was going for 3in1 oil next, but DD has bought the Ficam already. However, the henhouse is untouched as we can't Fic'em in the wet - it needs to dry thoroughly before the girls can use it and a damp house before we start is not a good idea.

So I made sausage casserole instead. The Boy is having his piled into a giant yorkshire pud, #2 Son is having his with rice and The BH and I are having broccoli with ours. I'm not sure why I'm counting the carbs at supper, I've been eating licorice comfits today......
          Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            Sorry Flo, didn't see you there. There was a break in transmission while I dried 3 wet dogs I've just made a fresh pot - and have your china cup and saucer ready for you
            Aww, thank you, you know me so well VC, can I have a drop of something in it as well please? I've done my chores.
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Of course, Flo - I'm sure I have a drop of something for your tea .................
              semi-skimmed OK?

Comment

• No thanks chick, I'll have demi-sumfing please
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps! Y'allright!?

Jules - get some Diatom - don't mess about with anything else. It's dry, so you can apply it everywhere: corners, perches, nest-boxes, dust-baths, armpits and bums - everywhere. Fab stuff and does the job.

G & T?
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Its our turn to have rain now so who do I pass it to next.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Quick Bren - pass it to Rusty before she changes her mind

Comment

• It's due here overnight, so I'll pass it up to Rusty, if ya like!

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                          Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps! Y'allright!?

Jules - get some Diatom - don't mess about with anything else. It's dry, so you can apply it everywhere: corners, perches, nest-boxes, dust-baths, armpits and bums - everywhere. Fab stuff and does the job.

G & T?
                          Been there, done that. I can't get it into the crevices of the henhouse. We mix it with the bedding and in their dust baths and sprinkle it heavily to the henhouse floor. Usually it's all we use but this year it just isn't up to the job. I hate insecticidal chemicals, any chemicals come to that, but if we don't do this I'm going to be losing my girls. The past two days they've all developed pale combs so I've dosed them up with ferrous sulphate today, too.
                          Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Oi - who missed me out for the rain? I go out to do the shopping, and get back to find it's whizzed straight past me.

I do like an egg custard, Bren - Morrison's aren't the best, but that's where I was, so that's what I've got.

I'm taking a glass of fruity tbag wine up to the bath - see ya later.

Comment

• I fill a washing-up liquid bottle with Diatom, Jules, and puff it into the crevices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                                I'm taking a glass of fruity tbag wine up to the bath - see ya later.
                                Morrison's sold out of Asses' Milk, Hazel?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X