• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rustylady View Post
    VC I keep trying to say no, but it comes out as N - yes
    Try showing them this

Comment

• Trouble is, once you've said Yes, and kept saying it, it's so much harder to say No. They're obviously too selfish to notice you need some 'me' time, too.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

1 grandchild back to school today 3 more on Thursday. Getting there slowly
        Rusty, keep saying to yourself It's only til Thursday, It's only til Thursday - like Dorothy in Oz.

Meanwhile, do all of the above suggestions, heavy on the relaxation. I know just how you feel, only it's the other way about in my house.....Oh, and get a phone with an answerphone on it. That way you can pick it up when you want to or if it's urgent, or get back to the caller when you feel like it.

Which reminds me, I have a phone call to make - possible cushion commission - I have a feeling she'll back out when I tell her I do charge to make them, on top of the fabric cost So many people think they just have to buy the fabric and you'll magically make them a cushion, complete with a feather pad, for free.

Korma with broccoli for supper...
        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Thanks Dotty, good plans - me and the dog gonna cuddle up this evening. Unfortunately I was brought up with a fear of the phone - I have to answer it in case something is wrong with one of the kids or their families. Wish I could ignore it.

Will try to have a chilled evening - think I'm grandchildren sitting again tomorrow.
          Maybe the grandchildren, can do a bit of 'looking after Gran', never too young to learn! As long as its safe of course.

I've just spoken to my 5 year old grandson on phone and I'm exhausted! I think we forget, our energy levels, were very different when our children were little.

You got that bottle open yet?

I'm having one (or 3) also, wedding anniversary, 20 years together, 2 married! There you go, bit of gossip!

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum
          DottyR

Comment

• Congratulations Dotty
            CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

Comment

• Congrats, DR! I'll raise a glass later - I'm trying not to start too early, as I'm supposed to be cutting down!

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                Try showing them this

That looks just like me VC, but they take no bloody notice

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
                  Maybe the grandchildren, can do a bit of 'looking after Gran', never too young to learn! As long as its safe of course.
                  Mmmmm, little ones like brushing my hair - trouble is much as I love having my hair brushed it hurts like hell when the brush gets tangled in my hair.

Comment

• Next time, RL, just tell 'em you're sorry, but you've made plans. You don't have to say what plans ...

Comment

• "Of course you know I'd love to have them again, but I'm not feeling myself at the moment, so could you do it another day?" It's so hard to say no RL, but they'll appreciate your yes a lot more if you say no now and again. I should take my own advice
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Oh I know Flo. I can give advice, but I just can't take it. Doesn't help that both daughters with little ones live so close that they know where I am at all times.

Comment

• Kids had a lovely day today, all five of them, and I enjoyed watching them enjoying themselves. Just wish their Mums would do something other than sit on their bums watching me watching their children if you know what I mean.

Comment

• I always say I'm a sitting duck because it's the same with me RL, but as you say, it's all about loving the children and their mums often think they are doing you the favour! Our youngest Golden Girl started senior school today (like your grandson, Bren). Little lamb, she doesn't look big enough.
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I think I may join you in a glass, Dotty (congrats, btw) - just back from a 8km (5 mile) run, so I've earned the cals! It's a lovely evening out there.
                              Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 03-09-2013, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Feeling totally fed up. Dunno why. Help please peeps.
                                That's because the kids are going back to school! ....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X