Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You will be fine so long as you tax it sometime in October - they send you a final reminder notice.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

• The renewal says that I have up to 14 days to renew or SORN it BUT I must keep the car off the road until then They get you all ways

Comment

• Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
        You will be fine so long as you tax it sometime in October - they send you a final reminder notice.
        What if you get pulled over/accident in the meantime - surely you will be driving illegally without tax??

Comment

• I think they can only prosecute you for no tax if you are over a month since the last one ran out - they can't prove you didn't intend to tax it otherwise. After all, if you tax on the first it will be up to a week before you get the disc in the post. I have had to drive back from Holland twice now with no tax as the disc was in the UK or missing or the car needed MOT before it could be re-taxed (but always before the second reminder arrived).
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

• Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
            I think they can only prosecute you for no tax if you are over a month since the last one ran out - they can't prove you didn't intend to tax it otherwise. After all, if you tax on the first it will be up to a week before you get the disc in the post. I have had to drive back from Holland twice now with no tax as the disc was in the UK or missing or the car needed MOT before it could be re-taxed (but always before the second reminder arrived).
            I shouldn't think they need to prove intent - surely if your car is not taxed, it's not taxed? Personally, I'm too much of a wuss to risk it.

Comment

• Don't think I'd want to risk it - be just my luck for something to happen.
              Anyway, I'm sorted now, I've spoken to the insurance company and paid for the renewal - so the database will be updated within a few days, even though the policy start date won't change. The Docs will be in the post within 7 days, then I'll have the MOT and can do it online or at the PO
              Why didn't I think of this last year - probably left the insurance to the last minute as usual
              The good news is my insurance hasn't gone up

Comment

• Afternoon All.....

Just dropped off my latest commission, and picked up another - this unexpected cushion business is going well . The customer has bought and paid for the fabric for the latest one - oh my lord - it's not to my taste, but it's what she wants which is what counts in the end. Also, next week I am meeting a lady to discuss colours for six cushions for her drawing room - she was trying to tell me over the phone, but that's impossible to gauge, so I'm going to see the room in question. MinL's customers are asking for classes/demonstrations

Right - to the workroom. Or shall I make coffee first?
                Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                  Right - to the workroom. Or shall I make coffee first?
                  You need to ask Jules?...............
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Whoops this puppy has started some big demolition work indoors - she is working her way along the bookcase chewing the spines - and when I stop her from doing that she starts finding any electrical wires she can and pulling on them! A great way of sorting out which electrical bits and bobs are important / necessary and which ones can be put away or got rid of!
                    This dog is a great incentive to de-clutter!
                    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Seems like Joyce, your home visitor had the right ideas after all, Jeanie
                      I've just come down west for the first time since we picked up your pup - and that was weeks ago!!
                      Its a bit damp and murky here - not very nice - but its not cold. Something has tripped out the electricity so the solar panels and hot water have been out of action. Don't think it can have been too long ago as the food in the fridge seems cold. Must train my neighbour to come up and check after a powercut. He's been up and strimmed the paths so that'll be the end of the rhubarb again
                      I've also forgotten my reading glasses and the dog's food - not sure I should be allowed out on my own

Comment

• Evening All. Just got soaked watering the tomatoes. I get some very strange looks from passers-by when they see me with the hosepipe in the pouring rain There's another big pumpkin in my patch. Must buy a weighing scale. What about trying some potatoes in tubs that you can move into the greenhouse when the frosts start Shirl? You might end up with some for Saturnalia and/or peas?
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Don't nip to the shops and come back with cat food VC
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening, well after threatening to rain all day its only just arrived so that's good I got my washing dry plus cleared out the peas from their frame.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all... Productive day today in many ways... Made a couple of appointments I had been putting off doing... So they are made now and I'll have to go through with them...
                              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                              sigpic

Comment

• Helloooooooooooo!!
                                Is there anyone here? If there is, I wish you Goodnight See you tomorrow, sweet dreams

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X