Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember Ena Sharples and from when my Mum used to watch Coronation Street I think the last episode I watched was when Minnie Caldwell's cat died.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning All....'twas very windy earlier, but it's dropped a bit now. Definitely not an outdoorsy day though. Not raining yet, but very dark and threatening.

You might have gotten me up Leominster Tower, but had I looked down and seen how high it was, I would have frozen to the spot when my bathophobia kicked in.

Lottie, I hope your son isn't too sore this morning.

Coffee, anyone?
      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Morning all - grey and raining here. I have 5 lbs of damsons cooling in the Maslin pan, so that I can get my hands in and de-stone them. I have made a batch of puff pastry that is 'resting' in the fridge for later. FiL is coming for his supper tonight so he is going to have tarte tatin for pudding only with plums instead of apples. Feeling very domestic today!

LD - hope son is OK, I am sure he will be feeling shaken up for a day or two.

Today I climbed 216 stone steps - 108 there, 108 back - taking my children to the top of the Leominster priory church tower
        I used to live in Herefordshire and to my shame have never climbed to the top of Leominster priory church! Climbed up the hill to go to Lincoln Castle and then had to have a sit at the top .... my legs had gone all wobbly!

Had a lovely evening out with #2 son, I hear him moving about upstairs now, so I am going to go and be all maternal. After all he's still my baby - all 17 stone and 31 years of him!

Comment

• The foul weather has arrived I'm going to have to find something indoors to amuse me
          I'm sure I've been up Leominster church tower - been up most of the accessible ones over the years. I can keep climbing up for ever .............but I hate coming back down those little steps. My legs turn to jelly and my knees lock up and refuse to move. Hope they never do that here with 50 steps to the front door

Comment

• I don't do heights or spiders! My knees aren't up to the stairs, and my nerve isn't up to the top of the stairs or the spiders!
            Been to work and picked up an extra night duty while I was there, so disorieted to time and space atm. The glass of wine I'm having while daughter does her homework isn't helping Will watch some tv together when she's finished her homework and then sleep!

5 days off so lots of housework, paperwork, garden and farm work. Looking forward to it.

Hope you all have some sort of weather :P We had some rain while I was away, so some sunshine is in order for green grass.
            Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Afternoon all. The wedding was lovely - the rain stopped and the bride was beautiful. The children were really well behaved and a brilliant time was had by all.

Missed seeing my son-in-law dancing (I took the little ones home to bed), but one of his "friends" has posted a video of him strutting his stuff on Facebook

Comment

• Afternoon,pleased the wedding went well RL,still waiting to hear how son is,i have no nails left to bite,only struggling to be patient,and how not to worry when in the dark,
                Looks like we had a bit of overnight wind,BUT we do have dry for now,was so cold earlier on,the heating went on for an hour,trying to keep busy,i am trying to ignore my muscle,am all ups a daisy at the mo,as marbles have scattered thinking,off to polish and grease them,
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Aaaaaaaaaaaaarternooooooooooon Peeps! Chilly here now, but was lovely earlier.

I volunteered to bring my Folks' dog home with me an' my two, and keep her overnight. They're planning to go visit my Sister at the end of the month, and Madam will be staying here. So, this is a trial run, so it's not so strange when they go away and 'abandon' her. She's been here half an hour now, and has finally stopped squeaking. The forecast is rain for the rest of the day, and I haven't vacuumed this week, yet, so I'm not looking forward to tomorrow afternoon's chores!

Hope everyone's well? Coffee?
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Well today started on a disastrous note - the kettle stopped working!! Argos to the rescue!

It's raining now, and cold, so glad that I went for my run this morning. Went to the local running track with my big bro, it was a whole heap of fun - I was like Jessica Ennis, but only in my head, I fear!

Comment

• Its cold wet and windy here so nothing outdoors planned today, well apart from gathering veg for our dinner. I miss the summer already
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon, managed to drag my aching body out of bed & spent a few hours down at lottie, doing a bit of clearing up before I hand in the keys.......why did I need 6 tubes of blue pelletts..............anyway, the car boot is full of modules, trays, seeds, tools. I'm sure I'll find a good home for them.

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        Years later I bought a little cottage in West Wales and found that he'd moved to the same village a few months previously! We can't decide who is stalking whom.
                        I could hazard a guess.................
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Are you giving up your Lottie, BM?
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Fraid so G4, I can't give it the time & effort that it deserves. Whoever gets it next will be very lucky if I do say so myself. I'm leaving the Greenhouse & Kite.
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• [QUOTE=Bigmallly;1168843]Good afternoon, managed to drag my aching body out of bed & spent a few hours down at lottie, doing a bit of clearing up before I hand in the keys.......why did I need 6 tubes of blue pelletts..............anyway, the car boot is full of modules, trays, seeds, tools. I'm sure I'll find a good home for them.

Sorry to hear you are having to give up your allotment BM - you were an inspiration when I got mine last year and saw what you had accomplished
                              Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Cheers Shen, you'll still see me around, sorry..........you never know, I may start again in another life...............I have some difficult & important decisions to make.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X