X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We'll leave you a bit - a very big bit

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
      Cheers Shen, you'll still see me around, sorry..........you never know, I may start again in another life...............I have some difficult & important decisions to make.
      Sorry to read about you giving up your plot BM especially after all your hard work, are you going to carry on growing even a bit of lettuce on the window sill makes a difference.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Forgot to say its just stopped raining, plus the winds dropped a fair bit so the tree down the garden isn't looking so scary now.

Comment

• Hello! Been a bit busy - Full English for 6, 3 litres of passata, apple pie, lemon tarts and a cheese & onion tart, clearing up after a fun night with GGs so a bit tired now. Looking forward to PJs and a nice glass of white. Glad to hear the wedding went well RL. Love to you BM. It's been mixed here too Bren, Sunshine on a rainy day See you all tomorrow.
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening all. Dinner is imminent.

School work Sunday for the most part, with back to back Star Trek movies. Popped down to the plot for a five minute walk, to see some sunflowers had keeled over in the wind. It was heart breaking in that instance.

www.horticulturalhobbit.com
            http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info
            Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              That's the one, Jules, heading for Bristol as we speak!!
              We had the Nunney Castle - there's another excursion in the West Country today with another train.
              Vintage Trains Guest Locomotives - 5029 Nunney Castle
              We get the Torbay Express passing us. It passes about 200 yards away and I've never been down to look yet.

I've just PVA'd the last wall in the bathroom. Coincidentally, I glued over Binley (sorry Binley!) - there was only four houses marked when my vintage map was printed. I have possibly glued over G4 too, as Essex got a good covering.....
              Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Essex has had a good covering already, Jules!

My soak in the tub was lovely. Good to hear peeps are having fun, on various different threads, that is.

Oh, can anyone tell me the most reliable long-range weather forecast? Are we in for some more decent weather, does anyone know, or has winter really arrived?
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                  We get the Torbay Express passing us. It passes about 200 yards away and I've never been down to look yet.
                  I can see them from the house - its like having a model railway at the end of the garden, complete with GWR Signal box, level crossing and a station, with little people on it. There are 2 sets of signals too to watch going up and down and the game is, when the signal moves, to guess how many carriages will be on the train. Who needs TV?

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                    Essex has had a good covering already, Jules!

My soak in the tub was lovely. Good to hear peeps are having fun, on various different threads, that is.

Oh, can anyone tell me the most reliable long-range weather forecast? Are we in for some more decent weather, does anyone know, or has winter really arrived?
                    G4 I've realised you can look at 3 or 4 weather sites and they'll all say something different a bit like asking a group of gardeners a question. best to look out of the window.

Comment

• Just had a look and the train didn't come through here today - hence my not hearing it - it's gone via Bath instead. Last train of the season too

It feels really late. I thought it was about 10pm......I'm contemplating going up to bed, only to discover it's just gone 8'o'clock! Might still go up and read.

The BH is watching something about Hitler. Lovely. Not.
                      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Yes, it's a great view and gives you such a different idea of the town's layout and its surrounds'. I couldn't quite see Berrington but I may just have been craning my neck in the wrong direction. Susieq100 whereabouts in the county did you live? I would have happily sat out yesterday's trip up as I've been up before, but my four year old was determined to go up! I'm paying it for it today with very stiff thighs

It's been chilly here today, but after my father collected DS for some grandfather-grandson bonding time (they both miss it horribly now DS has started school), DH and DD and I settled down to watch The Hunger Games, which DD has just read. Ever since DD has played outside pretending to be Catniss and is, as I speak, using a home-made bow with one of my knitting needles as an arrow! We made sunflower + pumpkin seed flapjacks for school this week and I made oat cakes. When my parents delivered DS home we had an impromptu afternoon tea with a fantastic ginger & pear cake and jam tarts Mum had made and jam tarts and Madeira cake left over from high tea on Friday and about which I had *completely* forgotten.

No steam trains nearby but sometimes I see a steam tractor. It went past the house on Friday. I feel it before I see it as the ground shakes.

G4 I use Yahoo weather. DH uses Weatherbug and the BBC and mine is far more often right than his. There's someone on Twitter who posts long-range forecasts. I'll find his site, if memory function prompts me when I'm next on Twitter. We had some rain earlier but amazingly we didn't have a power cut. We've been having them every day lately.
                        Is there anything that isn't made better by half an hour pottering in the veg patch?

Comment

• Good Morning All. It was raining earlier, but has brightened up considerably. Long sleeves today it's a bit nippy. Enjoy your day and see you later
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Merry Monday Flo and All. Brightened up here too - back to the blue sky and puffy clouds we know and love Definitely getting cooler though - need an extra layer now
                            Have a good day y'all and try to be good

Comment

• Our autumn quilt is on, boo! Though I did sleep well. That may have been due to the bottle of wine I accidentally drank last night though. Paying for it now, feel so rough it's unreal... and for extra fun, I thought it was 6, when it was actually 5 this morning.

Ho hum, it's going to be a long day. Not to mention I've a huge amount of horse manure to shift when I get home too - really not looking forward to that!

Comment

• Happy Monday everyone, managed to drag myself out of bed, took some painkillers, now thinking about dragging it back in..........have a good day. What a way to spend a day off...........
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X