Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Early Evening All.....cor, it's cold. I cannot believe I've lit the coal fire and ordered more coal - in September.

My hands have been too cold to sew, I've done housework instead. I did faff about with yesterday's Russian skittle.....she looks more like a doorstop now;

I usually make these in Cath Kidston fabrics, and they're usually scented but this one isn't - I had to use only what can be bought in the shop. Apart from the silver charm....

Chicken stew for supper.....
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• *Passes glass to RL

That's fab Jules!

I'm trying to summon the enthusiasm to get ready for Pilates...
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• I've got mackerel (and courgette) salad for tea - nice to be in-tune with the seasons, eh?

I'm going to have a hot bath first, then up into the attic room to do some more quilting on this blasted peach quilt - it drove me nuts last night with the thread breaking far too often. Bah!

Comment

• Hand-sewing or machine, Hazel? I was advised by a curtain-maker to always use Gütermann thread for machining, so I never buy anything else now. (Feel free to tell me to go and ... )

Just been out to the Chooks, and collected over 40 windfall pears for the Horses. I don't even like big juicy ones so I'm hardly going to eat these spotty bullets!
          Last edited by Glutton4...; 16-09-2013, 05:10 PM.
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
            Hand-sewing or machine, Hazel? I was advised by a curtain-maker to always use Gütermann thread for machining, so I never buy anything else now. (Feel free to tell me to go and ... )
            Machine quilting, and I do use Gütermann, G4 - it's the tension in the machine having a funny five minutes. I'll rethread it all and it should sort itself out. If it doesn't you'll find me over on the rant thread!

Comment

• I bought a bulk load of (supposedly) Coates threads off the 'Bay. They're nice enough threads - quite thick - but you can only use them as either top or bottom, not both, as they'll break or make the machine skip a stitch. I use them as top threads, especially for decorative stitches. I've got as far as cutting out the paper letters to use on the clashing cushion - haven't done any sewing.
              Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Evening All. Brrrr and it's raining. Heating's on because Himself can't get warm, despite wearing a jumper. I'm glad, 'cause I'm cold too, but he can be the wimp tonight
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening well its stopped raining but now it gone dark, never mind theres always tomorrow.

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                  I've got mackerel (and courgette) salad for tea - nice to be in-tune with the seasons, eh?

I'm going to have a hot bath first, then up into the attic room to do some more quilting on this blasted peach quilt - it drove me nuts last night with the thread breaking far too often. Bah!
                  We've had courgette, tomato and pepper grattan because that's what I've harvested today.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all... Winter type evening here too...
                    Kept myself busy this evening making my tomato sauce..
                    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                    sigpic

Comment

• Wakey wakey - its morning!!
                      Its cloudy but dry - think we're forecast more heavy rain later. Seem to be having rain/sun/rain/sun on alternate days
                      Have a sunshiny day whatever the weather.......I am

Comment

• Morning VC, managed to make it to work (just). Back still hurting but should get better the more I move it..........have a good day everyone.
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Morning all, hope your back improves Mally.

Dry here at the moment, but who knows how long for.

Comment

• Bore da, BM Take it easy and don't overdo it! Hope you're fully recovered very very soon Hope you have a good day - even though you are in work.

Comment

• Hope your back improves BM and all the sewing goes well.

Totally persisticating it down here!

We got to 62.6 mm of rain and the underground weather station stopped sending information. I think it may have drowned!
                              The rain has been fan-bluddy-tastic! But we've got full dams, slopping around in mini dams, and need to turn it off for a bit. Not looking likely atm.

Just starting to come good from the mixed shifts I had last week. Back for 3 nights on the w/e. Manager hadn't answered any of the questions in the email I sent last week, including did she want me to work the 3rd night - so I left her another and said if she wanted to ring me at home by tuesday, otherwise I'd just take it as a no. Rand and left a message she did. Frustrating she is.

Well I'm off to read a bit about what you've all been up to while I'm busy.
                              Last edited by Feral007; 17-09-2013, 06:39 AM.
                              Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Morning All Cloudy here, but no rain - yet. Got another busy day ahead, lots more staff counselling. Hope your pain eases with movement Mally. I'd expect your manager to manage Feral, sounds like you're managing her! Have a good day and see you later.
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X