Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very bleary good morning to everyone. Up and getting ready to get baking and face the screaming kids at work. I don't know what it's like out, I am waiting till both eyes are open before I check.

Have a good day all.
    When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
    If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

• Good morning Miss Kitty and all Its a bit misty here but dry - but don't suppose that's much help to you KCN !!
      Feral, really sorry about your little cat. RIP little one
      Hazel, I may be Old but I'm not Too Old ............
      Enjoy your Saturdays Grapes - whatever you're doing

Comment

• Morning and thanks for the anniversary wishes, its 39 years so Hazel sometimes I feel old

Sorry to hear about your little cats sad death Feral I hope your sons OK it must have been horrid to find him like that.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
          Strewth - you lot are OLD!
          Sheer Cheek! - nothing wrong with a tin bath in front of a coal fire - now where did I put the soap?
          Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Morning All......Murky out there, not looking like a laundry day - unless I want everything to have another rinse.

That's really sad, Feral, hope you're all okay - I shall raise my coffee cup. Bless 'im. I guess it's much riskier for outdoor pets over there; spiders, snakes, 1080s......

Happy Anniversary, Bren & Mr Inpots!

I must sew today. I've been knitting these past few days, trying to finish a huge sweater started last Summer. However, I have cushions and festive stuff I really must do as they're commissions.

Coffee, anyone?
            Last edited by julesapple; 21-09-2013, 08:16 AM.
            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Morning peeps,thanks for coffee Jules,good luck with your commissions,sorry to hear about your pussy Feral,enjoy the day Ben,hope your all feeling a bit more chipper to day,hope to go lottie in a bit,get the rest of the spuds up sorted and bagged,i to remember the old tin baths,used to hang up outside,out the way,and dolly punchers,walking up steps outside,accross the yard to a shared loo,mind you,i was a small person ?.
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarternooooooooooon Peeps. No rain forecast, so I did morning Horse and Dog chores, then came home to mow the grass. It's raining.

Mr.G has been obsessing about replacing his vehicle - driving me mad, he is. I handed him a 'you've been approved for a loan...' letter the other day, thinking he'd either not bother, or he'd lose it. Ha! Shot myself well-and-truly in the foot, haven't I!? The bugga only went in to the Bank this morning, handed over the letter, and came out with the ruddy money!

Git!
                Last edited by Glutton4...; 21-09-2013, 01:59 PM.
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Afternoon All. Been making bread again (hope it's more like bread this time instead of a housebrick). Also made rhubarb, apple and ginger jam. That's nom. Sorry to hear about the cat Feral. Hope you're all having a good day. Off to put the bri - er, bread in the oven. I'll let you know later.
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon All.......

What an odd day. Just chatting with my Ma about family, after my niece was asking about any 'notable' people in the family. So Ma comes out with 'I told her about the Canadian Governor chap' I'm sorry, what? What Canadian governor chap? It turns out my father's cousin emigrated and became a governor of BC and earned a Military Cross in WW1 and, later the CMG. His stepson was also very famous - a Prime Minister. I'm a bit gobsmacked No, I'm not, I'm utterly gobsmacked. My gast is flabbered.

Anyhoo......sewing being done, slowly and not without interruptions.
                    Last edited by julesapple; 21-09-2013, 02:41 PM.
                    Jules

Comment

• Ok, so it's not the weight of a brick, more like a breeze block. I will get the hang of it.
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon all! Busy day here - been to see my Godmother, and gave her the quilt that she asked me to make for her niece (still with me?). There's nothing like a deadline to focus the mind, and I've been up very late most nights this week to get it finished for today.

So back home an hour ago, then zoomed round to the shops - now having a coffee before going for a run ...

Top up, anyone?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 21-09-2013, 04:57 PM. Reason: Forgot pic!

Comment

• WOW! That's Fab Hazel! Yes please to the Coffee. *Passes mug...
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Hazel, that's an absolute beauty. What thickness of wadding do you use? Ma has just been asking about wadding for a baby quilt; is there a regulation thickness. I said I didn't think so.

I'm just cutting out applique letters for a cushion commissioned today and wanted on Tuesday - cutting it fine, very literally.....

Hot chocolate, anyone?
                            Jules

Comment

• Evening and thanks for the anniversary wishes, we've spent the day visiting Elvaston Castle Country park at their Woodland Festival

Comment

• Hazel the quilts lovely how can you part with it I know I'd want to keep it.
                                Last edited by Bren In Pots; 21-09-2013, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X