Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning everyone. They've promised us a nice warm sunny day today but there's no sign of it yet.
    I'm a bit jetlagged from my holidays so I got up stupidly early but used the time to update my blog with pictures I took yesterday. Now it's time for breakfast and a day down the allotment in prospect.

Holidays are great but it's nice to be home again!
    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Morning all. Was foggy here too when I got up VC, but it's burning off now. Hopefully be a nice day. Can't decide whether to sort out the home garden or the allotment.

I prefer doing the allotment, but I do need to do some serious pruning / trimming / grasscutting at home.

Comment

• Morning the suns burnt away the mist so a nice day here
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by julesapple View Post
          Hazel, that's an absolute beauty. What thickness of wadding do you use? Ma has just been asking about wadding for a baby quilt; is there a regulation thickness. I said I didn't think so.
          There's no specific wadding for baby quilts, as far as I know - I use Hobbs Heirloom Premium Batting 80/20 for pretty much all my quilting - it was recommended to me, and I guess you stick with what you know!

Comment

• Good morning,the ground WAS wet first thing,sunny now,supposed to be warmer than yesterday this afternoon,going lottie again later on,see what i feel like doing,am taking the box of food to,
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Lottie, hope you get everything sorted. Keep us posted.

Morning All....it's white mist & cloud out there. The forecast wasn't brilliant for today. Must finish a cushion commissioned yesterday, that's needed tomorrow, but I was knitting last night and started sneezing, nose started to run etc. This morning has brought a sore throat and a heavy head to go with the sneezing and the snot. Lovely.

First thing the BH says is 'Are you alright? You look awful.' quickly followed by 'You are still making a roast dinner, aren't you?' Yep. Thanks, love. Nice to know what your priorities are

Coffee?
              Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• ^^ Hahahahahaha! Sorry Jules, but that tickled me!

Mooooooooornin' Peeps! Horsey/Doggy chores completed, now I've come home to mow the lawns as we have the beautifully warm sunny day they forecast. NOT! Everything's still ruddy wet, the trees are dripping and the fog/fug has only just started lifting.

Coffee?
                Last edited by Glutton4...; 22-09-2013, 01:47 PM.
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Gloomy again here today, as it was yesterday. Glad I made the most of Friday's sun. Allotment prize giving and plot party this afternoon.

Comment

• Yes please to coffee, G4 - not too hot though, throat's stinging. Hope you win, Wendy!

Two chickens, spuds, celeriac, carrots, baby sweet corn and cabbage prepped, ready to go. Crumble nearly made - garden fruits; apples, pears, raspberries - only fruit I've bought are the blueberries. I'm going to cheat with the food processor to make the low carb topping though - haven't got the energy to stand and do it manually. Still have low carb custard to make from scratch but need to go buy cream, butter & milk in a minute.
                    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• I'm trying to decide if I should risk the Jaspers and mow the grass. Being allergic is kind of off-putting!

Comment

• Nah, Coffee and some research, I reckon. Full-fat milky one do you, Jules? *Passes mug
                        Last edited by Glutton4...; 22-09-2013, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• after noon. I'm down the allotment having a chill out. we have not long fed our facees.only bother is.my screan is so small.plus. I am not use to being with out my mouse lol.off to find something usefull to do. what does not involve my brain working. bye for now.
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Enjoy your chill-out LD I decided to brave the Jaspers - I put my bug hat on, tucked my sleeves into my gloves, and lit a small fire in a bowl, under the tree where they were.

They didn't go far, but they left me alone. Just had another cuppa, and I'm about to go out for round two. Wish me luck!

Comment

• Afternoon don't like to brag but its tee-shirt and shorts weather here

LD send Two sheds a PM she might have some advice about your lad and his bike accident I remember her saying she's on a cycle forum.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• It's warmed up considerably, here. I managed to get the back cut, but too pooped to attempt the front - that can wait till tomorrow.

Coffee?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X