Heath Robinson shelving

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heath Robinson shelving

Oh why don't I learn? for the secondtime this year all the shelving in the greenhouse has collapsed. They are (not) held to the aluminium frame by chains. The rings that attach to the bolts have rusted and given way under the weight of wet compost. Top one has then caused underneath one to go and dumped whole lot on my newly planted, now flattened, tomatoes....

My children were right at hand so couldn't even express myself in the terms that sprang to mind. Sorry I don't know what you should say but I wanted to share this with folks who spend as much time and love over plant raising as me.

Oh **** it ! Sooooo annoyed. If anyone wants to grow horizantal leeks or caulis just let me know

Same thing happened to me yesterday....staging gave way and I lost loads of seedlings and germinating seeds......not a happy gal!!!

Comment

All I use in my greenhouse is a decorators pasting table (cost £8 ish) from B&Q.
      When seedlings or plants ready yo plant I just fold it away and store it in the shed.
      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
      Brian Clough

Comment

oh no sorry
        I just been in our plastic green house havent been in there for a few days
        I can not get in cos of all the green leaves and big green toms
        sorry if you are passing this way we can give yo some tom plants
        sorry you are so far away

you can get Gardman cropped head nuts and bolts for aluminium greenhouses
        for securing accessories to glazing bars rust proof aluminum£1.79 for 15
        I know its a bit late but worth a try
        Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
        Dobby

Comment

I think I have the crop bolts you speak of Dobby. Unfotunately it was the rings that attached the chains to the bolts that gave way. I think I have only lost a couple of things beyond repair. I have already given away my spare Toms; However I have a friend in the village who will still have some...I hope. I am planting out the trays of leeks today (struggling to find a spot) most will probably be ok.

Mainly annoyed at myself for not solving problem earlier. Thank you for your sympathy folks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X