No announcement yet.

The Blackout - did you watch it?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched it last night with my teen daughter. She sat there and then suddenly said "When did this happen? How come I didn't notice? Was this when I was in France with school? (April for 3 days!)" We thought it was good, loved they way they spliced real footage with made up stuff. Was interesting especially the not being able to get money out of banks to pay for stuff. We never have cash in the house, so would probably be dead by day 4! haha!
    You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Watched it on my electricly powered telebox.
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I didn't see the program but in the 70s I was supermarket manager: it was battle to cover up open top freezers to help save the stock, helping customers shop by candlelight, hand cranking tills, etc....
        I remember driving home one night when the streetlights went off and bus shelter ran out into the road and smashed into car.. well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
        roger
        Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
          You don't, it's boring :-)

Maybe one day at a grape stock were both at I can send you to sleep with it all hehe.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app
          Chris, in my mind you are now Maurice Moss from the IT crowd. No wonder you get lost when not on a main road, you are only used to travelling the information highway....
          I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Haven't seen it, but I'm often mistaken for a geek

Comment

Originally posted by arpoet View Post
              I remember driving home one night when the streetlights went off and bus shelter ran out into the road and smashed into car.. well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
              roger
              I had to double take that one.

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
                Haven't seen it, but I'm often mistaken for a geek
                Puters and cars are very similar in my world, if they don't work you switch them off and back on again, if they still don't work you give them a gentle tap. All else requires a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                  Chris, in my mind you are now Maurice Moss from the IT crowd. No wonder you get lost when not on a main road, you are only used to travelling the information highway....
                  Chris is also the only person I know who needs to "tag locations" to a Goggle map to remember where he's picked blackberries

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                    You should watch Gadget Man. Brilliant.
                    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      Chris is also the only person I know who needs to "tag locations" to a Goggle map to remember where he's picked blackberries
                      Nah, it's the challenge of doing it whilst I'm driving past

Comment

Quite scary, wannitt? Thing is, it did show how the human zoo could react in this sort of situation!

Zebedee
                        "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

A professional being a person with a bigger hammer?
                          "...Very dark, is the other side, very dark."

"Shut up, Yoda. Just eat your toast."

Comment

I think the point being made was the interconnectiveness of modern society, and how the human zoo reacts to the domino effect. I thought parts were funny, but I don't think they were meant to be.
                            "...Very dark, is the other side, very dark."

"Shut up, Yoda. Just eat your toast."

Comment

Originally posted by PAULW View Post
                              Like VC lived through it in the 70s, spotted a funny thing the other day the traffic lights were out and there was a kid stood there pushing the button to cross the road she stood there not knowing how to cross without the greenman saying she could.
                              haha! I haven't seen this yet but it sounds right up my street. Getting right on the case.
                              Last edited by Inastate; 24-09-2013, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X