Am I being unresonable?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
    Having noseyed into this a bit further, I still don't think you're being unreasonable. If he wasn't selling it as being 'a community event' in order to get food donations, it wouldn't be so bad, in fact as a fundraiser it's a reasonable idea. The problem comes when you find it hasn't been advertised anywhere but his little FoE page on FB. No local advertising at all. And, as you say, all people who can afford tickets...

And, I can't see where the money raised is going? Is it on local projects, or into a central FoE pot?
    It's not to raise funds but to raise awareness. It's a 5 course banquet for 50 invited guests. All the food is donated food.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
      It's not to raise funds but to raise awareness. It's a 5 course banquet for 50 invited guests. All the food is donated food.
      Grrrrr argh! Beyond words. No not unreasonable.
      "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

100% with you Zaz - as it seems the whole poll is which must be some kind of Vine record.

My message - stick it to him, and if you need any extra nails to do it please let me know.
        The cats' valet.

Comment

This is why I have the rage on.

Comment

As far as i can see your not being unreasonable at all.
            So my final word to him/her would be, and my last word to you is, OFF!
            Hope thats not to difficult to understand Sir!

paul.
            Help Wildlife.
            Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post

Comment

*shuts mouth with difficulty*

It's to raise awareness of bees in crisis, among people who must already know that bees are in crisis because they've liked a Facebook FoE page, which is the only place this awareness-raising event was advertised...?

I have nothing else to add your honour.

Comment

get in there quick - there are 3 tickets left for the free banquet
                  Last edited by zazen999; 23-10-2013, 07:29 PM. Reason: Removal of link...sorry VC

Comment

Why aren't they charging and then using funds? (To support the groups who supported them AND then the friends of the bees thing)

This sounds like a really dodgy friend of a friend event.
                    Last edited by alldigging; 23-10-2013, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                      *shuts mouth with difficulty*

It's to raise awareness of bees in crisis, among people who must already know that bees are in crisis because they've liked a Facebook FoE page, which is the only place this awareness-raising event was advertised...?

I have nothing else to add your honour.
                      Not just me then?

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
                        Why aren't they charging and then using funds? (To support the groups who supported them AND then the friends of the bees thing)

This sounds like a really dodgy friend of a friend event.
                        Indeed, why aren't they?

Comment

Did you know you can send the organiser an email via that page?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                            Erm thats 4 words.
                            Spot the irony Bill
                            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
                              Did you know you can send the organiser an email via that page?
                              I really wasn't doing this for anyone to contact him or complain on my behalf...just to see if I am indeed being unreasonable...so I'm going to take that link out.

Comment

I didn't find it through FB though - so the event is out there for a wider audience - not just "friends".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X