Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he should be shot!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      I didn't find it through FB though - so the event is out there for a wider audience - not just "friends".
      Did you know about it before I posted this thread? Or did you search and look for it?

Comment

I just searched for Nottingham FoE and its listed under their events.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          I just searched for Nottingham FoE and its listed under their events.
          You only did that because you saw this thread though. So you would not have known about it unless you knew about it. It wasn't on there before it was fully booked, I checked on Friday.

Comment

I agree I wouldn't normally have been looking for Nottingham events 'cos that's not my patch, but I do look at Welsh FoE events...........I wanted to know what you were talking about

Comment

How strange for an organisation that is dedicated to preserving the worlds resources etc to hold a 5 course banguet, I would have thought bread and gruel would have emphasised their point more aptly.

Animal farm leaps to mind.
              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Zaz, I'm sure you've seen this already but if not..........you can remove the link if you wish
                Last edited by zazen999; 23-10-2013, 10:22 PM. Reason: Removal of link

Comment

I think I've got my answer, thanks all.

Comment

If we could not post links that would be great...but I have had some PMs regarding this.

Anyway we had another altercation on the Facebook page, not the secret one that I am not able to see even though he has stated that our garden support it and will be providing food...the other one for the event itself. And he said that FoE recommended not asking for donations and not paying the people who donated food...and that they had no money spare...and I suggested helpfully I think, that if they had no money then perhaps not having a 5 course banquet off the sweat of volunteer food growers.

Also that some people had been kind enough to donate (implication being that some hadn't been kind) but when I suggested being kind enough to pay the volunteers that grew the food in the first place, that was when he said Foe recommended not paying.

Really????????????

Anyway...we shall see....

Oh and the bit about him stating our garden will support...apparently that's not true, even though I have read it with my own eyes and he just hasn't updated it yet.

Can someone really have this 'complete lack of self awareness'? Even when two people are telling you in different ways how it looks.

Comment

I've voted that you were being unreasonable just to add a bit of colour to the poll graph!
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                        I've voted that you were being unreasonable just to add a bit of colour to the poll graph!
                        There's always one...

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                          And he said that FoE recommended not asking for donations and not paying the people who donated food...and that they had no money spare...and I suggested helpfully I think, that if they had no money then perhaps not having a 5 course banquet off the sweat of volunteer food growers.

Really?
                          Do they not?
                          I'd have thought the point of doing something like this would be exactly to raise money for the cause.
                          It doesn't have to raise a lot.
                          But something to make the cause self-sustaining for next year.

A couple of quid a ticket could be used to buy them some nice bee-friendly seeds, or plant a bee friendly tree or two in the local area.
                          Which could in turn raise awareness for bees. And actually help them.

Comment

So were they charging for tickets then?
                            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                              So were they charging for tickets then?
                              No...not a bean.

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
                                Really?
                                Do they not?
                                I'd have thought the point of doing something like this would be exactly to raise money for the cause.
                                It doesn't have to raise a lot.
                                But something to make the cause self-sustaining for next year.

A couple of quid a ticket could be used to buy them some nice bee-friendly seeds, or plant a bee friendly tree or two in the local area.
                                Which could in turn raise awareness for bees. And actually help them.
                                Or half to the food growers and half to fund some bee friendly plants or seeds yes. But no...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X