No announcement yet.

Am I being unresonable?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FoE definitely ask for donations. A friend of mine is heavily involved with them and has organised several events in the past. Some of these have been free to attend (often films or talks) but they always have collections on the go and local groups can apply for what are effectively grants from the main organisation to fund events.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      FoE definitely ask for donations. A friend of mine is heavily involved with them and has organised several events in the past. Some of these have been free to attend (often films or talks) but they always have collections on the go and local groups can apply for what are effectively grants from the main organisation to fund events.
      Yes, that's what they can do. This situation is none of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
        Yes, that's what they can do. This situation is none of the above.
        That's kind of the point I was making ie what they're supposed to do as oppose to what it sounds like this guy is doing.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

So basically he's having a jolly up for 50 of his friends/aquaintances for free off the back of other peoples work and trying to bully/intimidate them [the people donating or who have been asked to donate] into donating freebies?

Good lord, Friends of the Earth, you really let people like that volunteer/work for you?

Nope, not being unreasonable Zaz. In fact, I'd be tempted to phone any friendly journos you know...not all publicity is good publicity....
          Last edited by taff; 27-10-2013, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by taff View Post
            So basically he's having a jolly up for 50 of his friends/aquaintances for free off the back of other peoples work and trying to bully/intimidate them [the people donating or who have been asked to donate] into donating freebies?

Good lord, Friends of the Earth, you really let people like that volunteer/work for you?

Nope, not being unreasonable Zaz. In fact, I'd be tempted to phone any friendly journos you know...not all publicity is good publicity....
            Precisely. And because it went on facebook as an invite he really really does think that's 'inviting the public'.

It beggars belief. I did ask what would be the next step he would take if, as a member of the public he stated his concerns and was blocked from voicing them...would the next step go to the press? I haven't heard back from that one.

But apparently we are all mean as we have brought on his depression. The irony being that alot of volunteers growing the food in the first place might well be growing food...to recover from depression.

He just can't see any angle but his own.

Comment

I have a real problem with people who just can't admit they might have been wrong It's not difficult; he may not have seen it that way from the beginning, but having had it pointed out, an 'Oh shoot, I've gone about this the wrong way, I'm really sorry' is the least they could manage, surely?!

Comment

Yes you would think so...but all I got was 'please go away why are you trying to spoil things'.

Red rag > bull

Still, the future events in and around Nottingham will be interesting as he attends them all..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X