Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening all...Two busy days for me...lots of sowing done and some things that needed fixing fixed!!
    Sat having a quiet glass of red now.... May have a glass of one of my Christmas presents later for the weekend that's in it... Nice bottle of rum that I got from herself due to be sampled me thinks🙌
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
    sigpic

Comment

• Evening Trip - Cheers
      I've been hearing voices tonight....................and music Thought it must be the neighbours having a party but each time I looked out there was no sound outside Then I thought it might be something on the computer so I turned it off, still I could hear these faint voices, not loud enough to make out the words but definitely words.
      Eventually, I found the source - a small portable radio, that I've never used except to test it worked - and still inside its box!!
      I have no idea whether its been on ever since (months) or its suddenly decided to turn itself on
      Whatever the reason, I'm very glad it wasn't intruders or party animals. Weird!!

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Just popping in to tell you about Morereasons Choc & Orange HCBs ' cos you keep raving about them. I bought a few packets tonight - reduced from £1 to 15p.
        Do you put butter on them or eat them naked?
        Butter!! You can't eat anything carby without it in Wales.... My Nan served bara brith served with butter thicker than the cake

Comment

• I agree with slabs of Best butter on most things but these HCBs are really sweet and sickly. I've just eaten two without butter, I think if I'd buttered them I'd have been sick Don't think I'll buy them again, even at 15p for 6

Comment

• U
            Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            Evening Trip - Cheers
            I've been hearing voices tonight....................and music Thought it must be the neighbours having a party but each time I looked out there was no sound outside Then I thought it might be something on the computer so I turned it off, still I could hear these faint voices, not loud enough to make out the words but definitely words.
            Eventually, I found the source - a small portable radio, that I've never used except to test it worked - and still inside its box!!
            I have no idea whether its been on ever since (months) or its suddenly decided to turn itself on:
            Whatever the reason, I'm very glad it wasn't intruders or party animals. Weird!!
            I did reply to this earlier but it never made it or disappeared
            A long post it was too

Anyway belated cheers VC and Scarlet...

So here we go again... Similar thing happened to me VC..
            Around 1.30 am many years ago , I could hear muffled voices talking.... More worrying was, I was obviously in bed at that time, in a house I used live in on my own in an estate..
            My en-suite window was open, so I get up and walk over to it and listen, still hearing the muffled conversation... Was it burglars outside? couldn't figure it out..

Turns out it was a WiFi music system I had that had a bug that allowed radio frequency leakage in, and I was (barely) hearing an interview when the system was turned off...Weird..
            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
            sigpic

Comment

• Morning all

Grey & overcast here this morning,but never mind it's Easter Egg Day

There's 162 here,I suspect there will be a few more getting handed out later

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Morning, ditto here, no going outside for my seedlings today, windowsill only. Got the family coming for a big slap up roast, happy days
                Nannys make memories

Comment

• fixed quote

Morning its looks and feels like rain so I won't get putting my chitted parsnips in by the looks of it.

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  I agree with slabs of Best butter on most things but these HCBs are really sweet and sickly. I've just eaten two without butter, I think if I'd buttered them I'd have been sick Don't think I'll buy them again, even at 15p for 6
                  I like my HCB toasted then dripping with butter
                  Last edited by Bren In Pots; 20-04-2014, 08:16 AM.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning All - Happy Egg day
                    Cold and cloudy here so its a Tim & Joe morning........................and maybe, like Bren, a.............

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                    I like my HCB toasted then dripping with butter
                    Anyone want the chocolate ones?

Comment

• Morning- dull and overcast here as well - just down the road from Nannysally May get to the lottie a bit later - good digging weather and I still have loads to do!
                      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        Morning All - Happy Egg day
                        Cold and cloudy here so its a Tim & Joe morning........................and maybe, like Bren, a.............

Anyone want the chocolate ones?
                        Yep I'm listening to Tim and Joe on the PC and its just started raining.

Comment

• It is foul out here this morning, heavy rain, a cold wind and generaly miserable. I feel so sorry for all those holiday makers who have come down here for Easter. Its made worse by the fact that it has been so lovely. How well i remeber coming down here from the midlands with two children and a dog and playing scrabble in a damp caravan. One day my wife and I sat in freezing torrential rain on the beach at bude under bin bags because our daughter insisted on paddling. We were the only ones daft enough to do it, the beach was empty apart from us.
                          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Morning all! Overcast but dry here, so I want to go to the Hill and put up a couple of pea wigwams and plant out the broadies.

Anyone know if Wilko are open today? It doesn't say on their web site.

Comment

• Hazel not sure if this is your nearest store but here's the opening times.

Store at wilko.com

Comment

• Not a very nice morning here, cool and windy with rain threatening.

So I've been planning how to fill the rest of my allotment. Black writing is in already, red is where the other stuff goes:

I need a bigger allotment! The other stuff is just going to have to find corners to plant itself.

Hope it brightens up a bit, lots to do.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Martin H; 20-04-2014, 10:00 AM.
                                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X