This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
    Just to put my two 'pen'orth in - I think the shops should be closed today.
    Nothing much open here? Even @sd@ is closed

Comment

• Nearly 5 ish and the suns been out for the past hour so just enough time for me to sow my pre-chitted parsnips seeds
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Still raining here - and I have a nice perfume of `Eau de wet dog' permeating the house.

Our new Sainsbugs local was open today - handy for characters like me who run out of things just at the wrong moment.
        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Eeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps! Well, that's my first exhibition over and done with. A long weekend, but productive and enjoyable. Could've really have done without the social evening we laid on for friends on Friday, as no one wanted to go home, so we were both pooped all weekend.

Three of us exhibited artwork, and two of us manned the place, made drinks and generally 'networked' (I dislike the term, but hey-ho) and response has been very encouraging. Both of us have several commissions lined up, and contacts for other exhibitions that we have now been invited to. We have more local Artists wanting to join in for our next event, and the offer of a hall to use, free of charge - can't be bad!

The third exhibitor sold one painting, not that they know, as they didn't even bother to attend - merely dropped off their work and left. They will not be invited again.
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• I've been cooking since Thursday, and eating and drinking.........
            DottyR

Comment

• A quick look around before bed. sounds like your exhibition went well G4 and congrats on those commissions.
              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 20-04-2014, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Evening all.

My brain is fried. I bit the bullet and bought a replacement laptop which arrived on Friday.

The one we have is so slow you have to turn it on last week to get it to work today; the battery life is about 10 minutes (so it has to be plugged in all the time - hardly portable); and it runs on XP.

I charged the new one up on Saturday, and geared myself up to actually turn it on this morning. I had the instruction manual all ready - here it is.

And - look closely - this is the total extent of what it contains...

On yer own there, then, Haze.

I was warned that the initial set up and upgrade from win8 to 8.1 (recommended) would take ages - and yup, it did.

But it is done now, along with the antivirus software stuff, and the final hurdle will be to install the Office suite tomorrow.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 20-04-2014, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• Well done, G4, by the way - bet you're well chuffed (or will be when you're recovered!).

Comment

• Morning all

Overnight rain has cleared the air feels fresh & crisp outside this morning
                    Not finding Windoze 8.1 overly user friendly but according to all I have spoken to it is good after you eventually get your head around it,could be a while for me
                    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Morning, its a bit dull out at least its not raining though.

Hazel that's a instruction pamphlet not a manual

Comment

• Morning all - been up for a while but pootering while I wait for my rhubarb and ginger jam to come to the boil. I have a stinker of a cold so can't actually smell the ginger. Shall I put some more in? Hmmmm - note to self, maybe not a brilliant idea to make jam when one has little sense of smell or taste. The sun is shining and I have a date at the allotment to start erection of the glass shed. Yes, BB, there will be piccies (unless it is an absolute disaster). Have a good Monday everyone.

Comment

• Mornin all!
                          Nicer day today weather wise

Hope to do a bit more seed sowing today.

Just listening to the cockerel crowing and all the wild birds chattering on...including Woodpigeons ,woodpecker , cuckoo and pheasant! Blinking heck the countryside is noisy!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I have the sound of robin, wren, bluetits, great tits, chaffinch, goldfinch, starlings and collared dove - along with the roar of the M4, M25, Heathrow and the main railway line from Paddington My garden isn't that tranquil but it is a little haven
                            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• I have the sound of grandchildren playing in the back garden - the birds have temporarily disappeared.

Comment

• Considering I'm on a terraced street and my garden backs onto another street, both of which terminate on a fairly busy road, with a busy park not far away, it's surprising how quiet my garden is (in a nice way). Most of the time the background noise consists of birds and the occasional lawnmower or power tool during the day, and the occasional chorus of neighbourhood cats (or them knocking stuff over ) at night. There is traffic noise, but it's not intrusive as the surrounding buildings do a good job of blocking it out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X