Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. In contrast to Greenleaves, it is glorious here - blue skies and sunshine. No 2 son is staying a day or two so he is being dragged down to the plot today to help me do those jobs for which 2 pairs of hands are needed! Yesterday morning I was able to put 3 cucumbers into the glass shed - it now has a roof so I will take camera today. May introduce some tomatoes too. I am inordinately pleased with it, she said smugly!! Have a good bank holiday everyone, whatever you are doing.

Comment

• Morning I'm sharing weather with Susie, BM and BB today

Hope it stays fine long enough for me to get my bean frame up or the beans will be soon big enough to erect it by themselves
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin all!
        Cloudy but fairly warm and humid today.

Made a pile of lavender bags yesterday as felt too tired to do anything very physical.

Got a busy couple of weeks ahead with all the Dday 70 th Anniversary activities going on in the area.All very sad really.
        Looks like all the major heads of states will be on the north coast...can you imagine the security which is going to be involved?
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Can anyone tell me, why when we 'replace' curtains with new ones, we put the old ones in the loft?

4 bags of 'old curtains', just got down from loft.

And..., 3 bags of Xmas decs, that I didn't even know we had!

And the cat basket with no handle, who decided to keep that?

Think maybe lofts should be banned ? .
          DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
            Morning I'm sharing weather with Susie, BM and BB today
            And with me, Bren.
            Its been a super morning - washing's out, done some more weeding, just having a cuppa before I go back out there in the sunshine
            Hope you're all having a sunny Monday too

Comment

• Morning All, just! Bit mixed here, it started sunny, but it's clouding over now. Hope the rain holds off until I've got my bras in the bed Snugs have eaten half my plants but hey ho, I'm not buying any, I promised myself I would only grow from seed this year. See you later, have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Aaaaaaaaaarternoooooooon Peeps. First Zoo shift completed Brunch scoffed, and a bargain bookcase collected, for Hubbys cr@p, as I'm sick of looking at it. We have warm and cloudy here but I think I'll put the laundry out for a while before the rain starts.

I'm with you on the loft issue, Dotty. Hubby has been forbidden for putting anything in ours since we moved in. The last house had as much up there as it did elsewhere, and it all got binned when we moved.
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• How come, I went out to get some saucer thingies to stand plant pots on, and came home with 2 pairs of sandals?
                  DottyR

Comment

• It's just starting to rain, but I've done plenty. I wanted to get the sweet corn in, but perhaps it's an omen that it's too soon.

Comment

• I've put the laundry out, and finished mowing out the back. It's now tiddling down, so I've resorted to sorting all my emails.... ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz................
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Its raining here as well G4 we got the washing dried this morning though but I failed to get my bean row up I faffed around doing other stuff instead.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• evening all,the loft is just another room,as for saving old er curtains,they do have their uses,cover ups when decorating,make a quick den from for any visiting kids,covering stalls ext,fancy dress/costume making,for the linnings,re run of a dress pattern,anything that comes into a useful thought,and there are lots,come on,where IS that recycle passion. from a lover of,;it can come in handy,and things DO
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                            evening all,the loft is just another room,as for saving old er curtains,they do have their uses,cover ups when decorating,make a quick den from for any visiting kids,covering stalls ext,fancy dress/costume making,for the linnings,re run of a dress pattern,anything that comes into a useful thought,and there are lots,come on,where IS that recycle passion. from a lover of,;it can come in handy,and things DO

Well I can't even get into the loft, so they are gone, off to the Charity shop tomorrow! So they will be re-cycled.

Have decorating cover up stuff, in chest in garage!
                            DottyR

Comment

• Evening folks! Hope you've all had a good Bank Holiday Monday?

I took my mum to a garden centre which has a Lakeland attached to it, and a great farm shop. Heaven all round (and I managed to ignore the swinging over-pricing that comes with it - and only said once 'if I bought this on-line it would be loads cheaper. (A pyrex big caserole, if you're interested)).

We had a smashing time and come home via the Hill (which normally bores her in two minutes flat!) and had a look round and pulled some rhubarb for her.

Then later, I went for a run in the park in prep for next Sundays 13k Great Midlands Fun Run. It was raining so I took my specs off and it was all a bit of a blur. Suspect that my usual cheery 'Evening! Lovely day for it!' may have got some odd looks if it happened to be directed to the local flashers rather then dog-walkers - but I couldn't tell the difference without my specs.

Comment

• Good Morning All. Soggy here and a coolish 9 degrees. I don't like the drizzle, so hope it stops soon. Have a good day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X