• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give this a go Bill ......... Mealie Pudding Recipe from Scotland
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Bernie, that's nearly it, but not quite, the one I am on about uses chopped leek tops and Jamaican pepper (all spice). The one thing that is right is that there is no pork in it as in hogs pudding.
      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Suzie its rained here on and off all day up to yet so I've been between the GH and garden got my GH cucs planted then some sunflowers and marigolds outside.

I've not heard of White or mealie pudding but our butchers black pudding is really good fried with bacon.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Have heard of it, but never tasted it. Love black pudding though much to my surprise. I tasted it before I knew what it was made of!
          Last edited by Bal; 27-05-2014, 08:23 PM. Reason: English is not my first language!
          Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

• I always thought that white pudding was an Irish speciality - live and learn, eh. I do know that you used to be able to buy it in Morries.

Comment

• We have some Irish friends who made me try white pudding - they said it put our black pudding to shame. I didn't agree.

Raining the steady drizzle again here tonight. Miserable. I have to go to Rotherham DGH again tomorrow for another meeting. Hope we get the car parked a bit nearer this time so that we're not late for the meeting and I don't have to walk as far. Have a good evening all.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                We have some Irish friends who made me try white pudding - they said it put our black pudding to shame. I didn't agree.

Raining the steady drizzle again here tonight. Miserable. I have to go to Rotherham DGH again tomorrow for another meeting. Hope we get the car parked a bit nearer this time so that we're not late for the meeting and I don't have to walk as far. Have a good evening all.
                I have had the Irish stuff, its disgusting. Its actually hogs pudding and full of pork. If you ever taste the real stuff you will consider your life up to this point has been wasted Lol. There must be some people on here from Scotland who know what I am on about.
                photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Gjood Morning All. Absolutely bucketing it down here, I expect the beans are loving it. I've been awake since about 4 with pain in my knees, oh the joys of Arthur. Hope it goes away when the rain stops. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Woke up to drizzly rain again, had enough one.

Sympathise Flo,miserable.
                    DottyR

Comment

• Good morning - damp and drizzly here as well. Dog has already caught two snails and brought them in to play with Cat is sleeping off her operation upstairs and has been navigating round all obstacles with the bucket on her head. Cheeky girl asked to go outside this morning - I don't think so, not with a huge wound on your back leg my lass!
                      Car is in the garage for a service and my usual laptop is at the menders for a new screen - so I am feeling generally out of sorts and all over the place today. Never mind, hopefully things will return to normal soon.
                      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Morning its wet and windy out so any outdoor things will have to wait, at least my water butts are all full.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• G'Mooooooooooooornin' Peeps! Hubby's birthday today and he has taken the day off, but can't decide what he wants to do. Original idea of going to the coast or the Suffolk show have both been vetoed due to the weather, so we'll probably go and have lunch somewhere then take the dogs for a run.

Coffee?
                          Last edited by Glutton4...; 28-05-2014, 07:52 AM.
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Morning Ladies & G4....................Happy Birthday Mr G4 hope the weather cheers up for you.
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Morning all...

Bright and sunny here this morning
                              This week is flying by and we have a short week next week as we have a Bank Holiday on Monday ...............and then I am off on my hols to Portugal, can't wait
                              Lot to do in the garden before that, so I better get going at it......
                              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                              sigpic

Comment

• Morning all - yep it is raining here too. I think you are right Flo, about the beans loving it. I hope so anyway. I did not get around to strimming yesterday, so by the time it is dry enough to do that, the weeds/grass are going to be really, really tall. On the plus side though, here is my glass shed with all plants installed! After I had done that and tidied up around the shed, planted out some climbing frenchies and then weeded the onion patch, I had no time to do anything else.

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X