This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
    Morning ladies, that reminds me Nic, I have some Petunias to home.
    Morning all grey and damp here too! Bigmally I used the easy fill baskets this year they look like they will be fantastic all full of petunias.
    Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

• A little burst of sunshine to brighten up your day
      Its a Grizzly day here - that's a combination of Grey, Misty, Drizzly and just a bit Grisly........................
      Hope you all have a good day whatever the wevver

Comment

• Oooh, very shy shiny this morning. I need the ground to dry out a bit - dog refused to wee outside and came in to wee on the rug! She hasn't done that for ages, she usually uses the flower bed that she 'cleared' by chewing all the plants.
        I now have my proper laptop back and my car returned from the garage fixed and cleaned All feels a bit better with my world today. Cat is gradually getting used to the bucket on her head and is sleeping well now her thyroid meds have taken effect. No more mad dashing around and losing weight for her I hope.
        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Morning all, grey but not actually raining at the moment. It has rained, it probably will rain again! Went to the NEC last night to see "History of the Eagles" - OMG, awesome. Gosh, they wrote some good songs and they can still sing them. Tickets were quite dear but we had nearly 2 and half hours of music from them. Fantastic. I also spent a gardening birthday voucher yesterday so have some cabbage seeds to plant and some new gardening gloves to play in! Thanks for the sun VC, try a little bit harder and see if we can get the real thing here in the Midlands

Comment

• Morning, Susie its not raining here just now either
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
              Oooh, very shy shiny this morning. I need the ground to dry out a bit - dog refused to wee outside and came in to wee on the rug! She hasn't done that for ages, she usually uses the flower bed that she 'cleared' by chewing all the plants.
              I now have my proper laptop back and my car returned from the garage fixed and cleaned All feels a bit better with my world today. Cat is gradually getting used to the bucket on her head and is sleeping well now her thyroid meds have taken effect. No more mad dashing around and losing weight for her I hope.
              How do you get her to take her meds?

Comment

• Aaaaaaaaaaaarternoooooooon Peeps. We had rain, then sun, then rain, now sun - but it's clouding over again. Still, it's warm, so no worries.

Coffee?
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• No thanks to coffee G4 I'm halfway down a Magnum

Comment

• Don't mention coffee in our house! 2 years ago OH insisted he wanted a coffee maker for his birthday (which is in January) by the October of that year he wore me down to buying it for him early. It has been used exactly 3 times, it just gathers dust and grime in my kitchen and I have to clean it. Does any one want a coffee maker? - hardly used, about to be thrown across the kitchen!

Comment

• I tried a coffee from one of those nespresso type coffee jobs (with a pod thingy you drop in a machine) which was lovely - the machine came into the 'expensive but affordable' bracket, but then I saw the cost of the pods, and realised how much I could my grocery bills would go up if I had just one or two nice coffees a day.

Then when I was in Lakeland the other day, I saw the proper coffee machines - dinky but BLIMEY they were expensive. I tried to work out how many years it would take to be worthwhile, but decided that I'd be long dead before it had paid for itself. You'd have to drink a lot of coffee, and I like it, but not that much.
                      Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 29-05-2014, 03:38 PM. Reason: clarity!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bal View Post
                        How do you get her to take her meds?
                        Bal it is easy at the moment as she has a buster collar on and can't claw my hand. So I lift her top jaw open and her head back and pop the pill in as far and as fast as I can without her biting me. Then a long time of throat rubbing till she gives in and swallows

However she is going to be on two tablets a day for the rest of her days so I am going to have to get more skilled with the pill popper
                        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• For years I wanted a cappucino maker, and Hubby bought me one for Christmad. I think I used it four or five times...

To be fair it was fab, but it took far longer to clean than it did to make and drink the ruddy cuppa!
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                            Bal it is easy at the moment as she has a buster collar on and can't claw my hand. So I lift her top jaw open and her head back and pop the pill in as far and as fast as I can without her biting me. Then a long time of throat rubbing till she gives in and swallows

However she is going to be on two tablets a day for the rest of her days so I am going to have to get more skilled with the pill popper
                            One of my cats is so difficult, I try and hide pills in bits of cheese, wrap them in ham, even tried pushing them int0 cat treats. The others are so greedy that they gobble them up with the cats treats from my hand and don't even know they have eaten them. Good luck when the collar comes off. I'm on thyroxin and really notice it when i forget to take it.

Comment

• Ours is ordinary reusable filter type machine then for camping its a stainless steel French press but that leaves a fair few bits in the bottom of the mug. but its either use that or instant.

Comment

• Morning All and a Very Happy Friday Not raining here - yet! Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X