Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had rain, thunder, more rain, but stopped now. Hope OH manages to lay foundations of the last butterfly bed! I'm off to Kent to see my niece who is over from Australia for a couple of weeks.
    Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

• A late morning to you all. It is throwing it down here so since I can't garden, I was forced to do housework. Aaarggghhh! Now I have to go shopping in the rain - great. Mr Q is now off Critical Care and on a neuro ward, so he needs jim-jams. He hates them with a passion, so I have to go and find soft ones with shorts - #1 son reckons Asda or BHS. Mr Q keeps kicking the bed sheet off and scandalising passing traffic! He has no shame I'm just delighted a) he can kick the sheets off and b) he understands me when I tell him off for being shameless. Have a good, if damp, day all!

Comment

• Oh susie!...that's really fantastic news gal!
        Last edited by Nicos; 07-06-2014, 10:44 AM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Brilliant news that's proper made my day,double chuffed for you & your family
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Much chuffedness here too, glad Mr.Q is on the mend. Fab!
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• That's brilliant news Susie.............seems you are making a lot of days today including mine.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Bal View Post
                Hi Hazel I never bothered about what I wore until I left the NHS and went into the sales side of medical equipment. In hospitals if you are a female and wear a uniform, as far as doctors are concerned(especially junior ones) you are just a nurse and therefore not worth listening to.

As my job involved actually teaching these doctors I used to "power"dress in order to get some credibility with them. It certainly worked. I am a great believer in the power of clothes. After all it's the first thing people see of you and base their initial judgement on.
                God help their initial judgement if they saw me these days...................They may offer me some cash........
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Afternoon All. Wonderful news Susie Been raining here since 8 this morning. My time's been filled with a visit from my eldest son and 3 of his children, all boys - so I've been entertaining them. Just about to start housework so thought I'd have a peek in here. Oh for a greenhouse. My internet connection is soooooooooooooo slooooooooooow I must go and do something anyway. Sick of boiling eggs
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon all! Great to hear about MrQ, isn't it? So pleased for Susie & family.

Looked at the rain all morning then went to do a bit of shopping - now the sun is shinning so I shall nip to the Hill and see how much damage the slugs have reeked.

Then to the vacuum cleaner repair shop to get the sour faced bloke to look at my upright carpet washer thing. I may have to lie and say that my 'teenage son' took it to bits, and doesn't seem to have put it together again properly. It looked so easy from the diagram too...

Comment

• Wonderful news Suzie, as everyone has said, so happy for you and Mr Q
                      A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

• Polished, hoovered, washed the kitchen floor and the bathroom floor and it's still raining felines and canines so what to do now? Oh no - ironing

Comment

• Afternoon its rained here all day but now I'm home the suns out

Really pleased to read your good news Susie, hope you find some pj's he likes.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• The sun came out for about an hour, but the clouds are gathering again now I made a caaaaaaaaaaake! First one for years and years. It got pretty much what it went in for, but I think it'll be ok. We'll see tomorrow. Have a good evening all, see you on the morrow

Comment

• Suns been out all day here, a full day weeding and clearing my pots up. OH complaining that I leave a trail of pots and mushroom crates behind me . Off for a glass of fizz and then early to bed for me...got to be up at 3.30am. OH is cycling in the national 50 in Poole tomorrow... He is so excited, I've spied him polishing his bike!!!

Comment

• PJ's in Asda Susie. My teenage boys get the men's ones, t'shirt and short sets in Jersey. Pretty comfy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X