This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
    Sounds good AIC. I have half a mind to freegle my big clay chimenea - which I never use - and get myself a new metal one with a grille and a door to stop the dog diving in after any dry wood I have stored in there
    Mind you I am a softie and the cat likes to sit in the chimenea and watch the world when it is raining
    My Freddy used to climb in the chimenea all the time, and come out covered in soot and ash, then expect cuddles
    Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

• Mornin all!
      Very wet here...looks like I won't be doing the local Car boot sale after all.

The garden plants are really appreciating the rain so I have no intention of complaining!!
      Think we're both on. Sorting out/ clearing out roll...so we may end up sorting the garage today!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• G'day to you all.

We had some rain last night and may get some more showers today if we're lucky.

I've just discovered £4.50 of money-off vouchers for the garden centre that expire tomorrow, so obviously I'll have to go down there and buy something. This could end badly...
        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Morning the rains just started here so I had plenty of time for my morning inspecting clutching my mug of tea.

Any idea what you're thinking of buying Martin ?
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning! Couldn't get on here at all yesterday, PC on the blink again. Drizzling here too. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all, quite nice here in W London, garden inspection all good, tied my African Queen toms to the wall last night, moved strawberrys as they gave finished. My patio is looking a little more people friendly now. I learn something new each year and so far this year it's 1. Don't grow so many tomatoes 2. Keep the patio a little bit clearer 3. Don't grow Pentland Express, terrible boilers and taste not so good
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• What to buy? Not really sure, the only thing on my gardening shopping list right now is a max-min thermometer for the greenhouse, but they cost a lot more than £4.50! I might just have a look to see what's on special offer and impulse-buy it.

I'm a bit slow to get going this morning, went to a wedding reception yesterday evening and our son was the drummer in the live band. So it was a bit of a late one. The boy did great though.

My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Morning all! Are the seed sales on yet, Martin? You could stock up. If it was me, I'd put the money towards some secateurs. Or maybe some plug plants of brassicas all by three kale plants of mine got eaten by slugs.

Let us know what you get. And have a coffee and cake in the cafe - it's the law, you know.

I'm off to the Hill now for the working party - some weeding of the communal areas and stuff, I would think. I'll take a pic of my scarecrow too, and plant out about a million seedlings from one of those living salad packs from Sains, and my Uchi Kuri squash, which decided to sprout after two months

Comment

• Sunny Sunday Grapeys
                    Don't know what to do first, pick the raspberries in case they're rained on again. plant out all my bargain plants from yesterday or have another coffi................yep, that's what I'll do. Coffi anyone
                    Hope you're all having fun - its compulsory at the weekend.

Comment

• I'll have a tea if that's ok. Been cutting the grass after removing dead mice from the lawn that the cats have caught. Off to the allotment later to bring the onions home to dry and lift my first potatoes. Had torrential rain here most of the day yesterday so I think it will all have had a battering.

Comment

• I'm back from the Hill - lots of photos of working party and scarecrow - I'll put a couple of pics up later, when I sort them out.

Amazing growth everywhere, including weeds, but there you go. I have baby french beans and baby peas.

I've done an experiment - I planted half the Sains living lettuce out in a bed with slug pellets, and half in a bed without. I do not like using pellets, and most years don't have to, but I have this year as so much was eaten (beans in particular). Let's see how necessary they are - I'll report back. It might be that the beans weren't big enough to withstand attack when I planted them out, and I just have to alter my timings.

Coffee now, then nip to Aldi for butter. I forgot that I'd run out this morning until after I'd made the toast.

Comment

• Good Morning - beautiful day, wish I could stay at home and work in the garden instead of the office. We have a Time Out all morning. Fun. Not. See you later, have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Waaaaake up everyone it's a lovely Monday morning

Drove through heavy mist thing morning

Sun's come through now though
                            Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

• Morning folks, lovely here in W London. Going to pick up my bargain cold frame today from Ar@@s, any grapes got theirs yet?
                              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning its nice and sunny here as well Sally. I looked at those cold frames then realised it was wider than my beds so i had nowhere to put one. You'll have to let us know how you get on with yours.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X