Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Bal, Morning All and a Very Happy Friday! Gloomy here, but really hot, I expect rain is on the way. Have a lovely day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• G'Moooooooooornin' Peeps! Hope you're all well. Not had a lot of sleep, as the storms started around 3am, so we had big stoopid scaredy-dog on the bed, shivering and shaking until around 5. Then it started again around 6:30 so I got up and made a cuppa. Him and Hubby are now snoring blissfully. Mrs Clever Dog used to ignore storms, but has decided it's more fun to run around and bark at them. If I look like the walking dead today, that be the reason!

Off to pick up George today - sooooooo excited! Coffee?
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Morning Grapes. What a thunderstorm last night. Been on the rant thread, so won't go on about it. I too look like the walking dead G4, lots of broken sleep last night. The allotments needed a big rain, but my garden didn't. I live with Captain Garden Waterer. To be fair, we are mainly in pots and bags, so it needs it. Happy Friday peeps
        Nannys make memories

Comment

• It was an amazing storm, wasn't it NS! I woke up to the lightning and crashes of thunder at around 2 - checked the garden from the bathroom window, the cat decided to celebrate by asking for an extra supper - the dog whimpered a couple of times so I spent a little while on the sofa to calm her down - then went back to bed and slept through. My waterbutt is now 2/3 full of nice fresh rainwater
          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• I bought some herbal calming tablets for Osc yesterday, and gave him a couple when he woke me up. I think I'm going to get a thunder recording, and de-sensitise him. It may work for fireworks too, I hope!
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Morning all!

We've had rain overnight by the looks of it (not much wakes me up, so it might have been apocalyptic for all I know!), but it's bright now.

I thought that my in-tray was getting a bit out of hand - I've just checked and I have 137 outstanding items to deal with Suspect I'll get about 25 done today, if I get a wiggle on. Oh the joys of the desk jockey.

Did I mention that it's FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAY!?!!

Comment

• mornin all

Another stonker by the way it's heating up here!
                We could really do with some rain please.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Bore da
                  We had a big storm in the night - heavy rain, thunder, lightning - just enough to wake me -then I turned over and nodded off again.
                  Its muggy today - even though its Fri-ggy. More rain forecast for tonight so, for once I'm being sensible and not putting any washing out..................unlike some others I could mention
                  Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Our next lot is scheduled for delivery at around 11 pm according to the BBC weather site

In the meantime dog and I are flaked out with the heat. Currently 31 degrees.
                    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Morning all

Our thunderstorm arrived at 3:00am just as I was going to bed.

It's warm and breezy here today and no more rain forecast until about the same time tonight. It looks like I can skip the watering down the allotment but I do need to go and pick the sweet peas.
                      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Just got the tail end of it here.
                        A lot of rain but just a few rumbles of thunder.
                        Still raining though and trying to entertain 3 grandkids for the day.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Ooh, we've had nowt in the way of storms here yet. Could really do with one, as it's quite muggy. Was awake v early so went down to lottie to do some watering. Back by 8.30 to do Mr Noosner's birthday breakfast in bed (chocolate cake and real coffee)

My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

• Happy Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake Day Mr.Noosner

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Oh, wow, thanks BB! He will be delighted, especially by the Jim Beam, his favourite tipple. Those are some gigantic strawberries!! Are they real?
                              My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

• After noon peeps,no storm's here yet,a drop of rain overnight,if you feel hot at bed time get yourself a cold water bottle,it works a treat,not just for winter use,am sitting here with one up me tea shirt,before you mock it,try it,
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X