Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• morning,same here,we actually had rain with some meaning yesterday,no hail,was only aware of 1 lightening and rumble,seems like it skirts around us,even the snow is never as bad,
    Hazel,sorry to hear about your beloved pet,what a horrible experience for you.
    Spanish plume eh Jeanie,that's a new one,what we need is somewhere between the 2,with bit bit of arctic thrown in,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning All
      Sunshiny here again but the only sticky thing is my arm
      The jam fell off my breakfast pancake onto my arm, off my arm onto the table, which I leant on - so I cleaned it up, then the jammy knife fell off my plate onto the table and...you've guessed.
      Hope you're all having a luvly sunny day

Comment

• Morning, with all the rain we've been having the veg gardens looking good
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Dull here, wouldn't put my washing out even though we have no forecast of rain. My sweetcorn is ever getting nearer to being investigated for picking and my tomatoes are now going red in ones and twos. I have lots of pins on this ipad for potato and tomato receipes. Bet I won't need any for sweetcorn though, my kids will be fighting me for them lol. They are welcome to the odd one, as long as they accept that they come with potatoes and toms.
          Nannys make memories

Comment

• Looks good for a scooter ride out this afternoon
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Oh Hazel so sorry to hear that. I was worried as soon as I read your post and was waiting to get to the end before i asked. hugs and sympathy
              Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

• Ooh - baby goldfinches fussing in my apple tree, asking some harassed parents for food.
                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Aaaaaaaarternooooooon Peeps! The Dawgs have had their first trip out in George. Not impressed at having to jump in, at first, but gave in, and jumped back in willingly to come back home again. . Well, I guess I should do sommat constructive...
                  Last edited by Glutton4...; 20-07-2014, 12:25 PM.
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                    Well, I guess I should do sommat constructive...
                    Fit snorkel,fit winch,go laning,find an axle twister ...............................
                    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                      Looks good for a scooter ride out this afternoon
                      Mr Pots is out on his lambretta
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Hot here.

Cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the bathroom, decanted wine, been to get a paper and have a walk round town, done the washing, stripped the chicken off the chicken legs that I cooked last night. Still feels like I'm just mooching about.

Domino cat has been sitting on the bench in the sunshine in the courtyard all day, I've been out lots of times to sit by him and give him a stroke and chuck under the chin. His attitude to affection is a bit Kevin the teenager - (although he does jump on the bed and tuck in behind my knees every night - just so long as I don't tell anyone!). He has got increasingly fed up of this unwanted attention and finally grabbed my hand with a clawed paw and bit me.

Business as usual there then.

Going to the Hill to pick french beans, and must go for a run later when it cools down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                          ... (although he does jump on the bed and tuck in behind my knees every night - just so long as I don't tell anyone!)
                          Your secret is safe with us

(hugs) x
                          A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

• Takes a long time to adjust to the void, Hazel
                            I often wonder how much animals grieve when their housemate goes or do they think - All the more space/food/attention for me . I'm pretty sure my dog thinks only of her stomach.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                              I often wonder how much animals grieve when their housemate goes or do they think - All the more space/food/attention for me . I'm pretty sure my dog thinks only of her stomach.
                              Good question, VC. I really dithered yesterday morning about whether to bring Dom in to the kitchen to see Oli when I'd brought him home, so that he could understand why he isn't here anymore. Nearly asked about what I should have done on here last night, but 'should I let my surviving pet sniff the cold, stiff body of their dead companion?' seemed like a particularly downbeat question, so I didn't.

I've heard of the dynamic changing in multi-animal households when one passes on - not sure that it's happening round here, mind. (although I still got the black-and-white one tuck in behind my knees last night. )

Comment

• I've never let the survivor sniff the deceased pet - but that may be just me and how I feel about any death.
                                My old Rosie was pts a few weeks ago but I really don't think Mary was that bothered - just looked on it as double rations of leftovers. I still expect to see her plodding around the house though

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X