X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bal View Post
    hope you have more than one!
    Was going to say four Bal but thought that would make me normal!......and normal I ain't

Comment

• I think that I may have busted my own theory about all springer spaniels being called Rosie. In the park tonight, lagging behind running owner and two other dogs, I saw one, so softly called 'hey, Rosie!' to her, with no response.

The question is, was she just ignoring me, despite being called Rosie? Or - surely not possible - is she called something else??

Edit: perhaps I should have called 'Peggy', although she did appear to have the standard issue four legs.
      Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 21-07-2014, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Good Morning All Another sunny one, we'll be getting used to this. I'm on count down to my two weeks annual leave. My last day is Friday 1st August. Unfortunately Himself has the neurectomy on his foot on the 31st July so we'll be confined to home. At least I'll be able to get into the garden. Have a lovely day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
          I think that I may have busted my own theory about all springer spaniels being called Rosie. In the park tonight, lagging behind running owner and two other dogs, I saw one, so softly called 'hey, Rosie!' to her, with no response.

The question is, was she just ignoring me, despite being called Rosie? Or - surely not possible - is she called something else??

Edit: perhaps I should have called 'Peggy', although she did appear to have the standard issue four legs.
          Where I walk Danny and Rosie (More of a hop really) you would be amazed at some of the dogs names, Its a wonder they don't die from shame! but not a wonder they always seem to be the ones who refuse to come to heel. Some man in a suit was embarrassingly calling "Mr Cuthbertson" the other day. Mr Cuthbertson was more engaged in rolling in a huge wet turd.
          I once rented stables to an animal rescue organisation and each Saturday they went into Birmingham fund raising, the star of their show was a three legged collie, they collected £100 most afternoons. I might just try it with Rosie, put a sign round her neck "Saving for a new prosthetic" It could be the making of me.
          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Morning I've done my exercises before switching on the PC I only get sidetracked and spend more time on here than I intended to.

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
            Good Morning All Another sunny one, we'll be getting used to this. I'm on count down to my two weeks annual leave. My last day is Friday 1st August. Unfortunately Himself has the neurectomy on his foot on the 31st July so we'll be confined to home. At least I'll be able to get into the garden. Have a lovely day
            Flo you'll enjoy those two just spending time in the garden
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all

'ot 'ere already
              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Happy Tuesday Grapeys. Just back from my morning nibble around the garden and a chat with the veggies and chooks. My life is so action packed I wonder how I manage to do everything
                Warming up nicely out there - its going to be another gloriously sunshiny day
                Happy, happy, happy....................

Comment

• I woke up this morning from a nasty nightmare - someone had given me a teaching timetable and a job description that was all gobbledygook. I kept telling them I had retired but they kept insisting that I take these lessons.

My brain plays some dirty tricks sometimes.
                  Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Jeanie I wonder if you had the dream after posting on here the other day about kids saying they'd got bones in their legs. It doesn't take much to trigger a daft dream does it.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                      I woke up this morning from a nasty nightmare - someone had given me a teaching timetable and a job description that was all gobbledygook. I kept telling them I had retired but they kept insisting that I take these lessons.

My brain plays some dirty tricks sometimes.
                      Where did you used to teach Jeanied?
                      Nannys make memories

Comment

• All over the Borough, NS - all secondaries and a few primary
                        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Afternoon all, I've missed you!

Got back this afternoon after a couple of days away. Poker and other games and large amounts of alcohol, since you ask. It's tough but somebody's got to do it...

It's hot again here but the tomatoes and chilis in the greenhouse have coped fine on their own. Now I've caught up with the Vine I'm off to the allotment to see what there is to pick!
                          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Just finished for the day, bit of a hike home but still plenty of time to tend to the plot.

Might have to make a detour for a swift half or two on route though

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                              Just finished for the day, bit of a hike home but still plenty of time to tend to the plot.

Might have to make a detour for a swift half or two on route though
                              Part timer!

Don't worry, I'm only jealous - particularly with regard to the swift one on the way back. Actually, scratch that, if you are anywhere near a journey on public transport, I am not jealous at all - it's 'ot out there.
                              Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 22-07-2014, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Evening All. Two small boys walking down the path behind my house said "Your apples are getting bigger are you gunna make an apple pie? We'll 'ave some". After confirming I would and they could have some they walked off and I heard one say to the other "She's reight kind 'er, she gimme an apple last year an' she weshed it anall." I haven't stopped grinning since
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X