Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that hour turned into 2 very hot indeed hours! Friend gave me bag of very well rotted and 'dry' horse manure , so dug that into bed, (well kind of).

Now had second shower, now for coffee, then onto next task, love it, house to myself as well.

Never tried 'runner bean chutney'? Is it good?
    DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      I've found a couple of cucs hiding so i'll turn those into pickles later on I've only got 3 plants but they've started producing lots of cucs.

We're having courgette fritters tonight not sure what else with yet probably arran pilot and runner beans.

Good idea Bren, might be having the same down here in Kent.
      DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
        Never tried 'runner bean chutney'? Is it good?
        I sometimes make Delia's runner bean chutney, my sister begs me for it as she says it's the best ever, ever, EVER. I might give it a go again this year - I can take or leave chutney, and tend to freeze runners as I prefer them this way.

It's this one: Spiced Pickled Runner Beans - Preserve - Recipes - from Delia Online
        Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 07-08-2014, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Good afternoon peeps..Its gorgeous weather here today..Sun is shining and its very warm...time to have my lunch..Have a great day ahead peeps

Comment

• It's clouded over here, but still warm enough for the cat to be sprawled outside on the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
              I sometimes make Delia's runner bean chutney, my sister begs me for it as she says it's the best ever, ever, EVER. I might give it a go again this year - I can take or leave chutney, and tend to freeze runners as I prefer them this way.

It's this one: Spiced Pickled Runner Beans - Preserve - Recipes - from Delia Online
              Hazel I love pickled runner beans and after giving my neighbours a jar they started growing their own beans (with some of my saved seeds ) just to make this pickle.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Was going to start anew thread, but doesn't really warrant, really a rant, but I'd quite like an answer if possible

When do these 'cabbage white butterfly's', go away? We seem to have loads today, and there were great big FAT, caterpillars chomping away on my Brussel sprout plants, ( which were under Environmesh ), so horrible . I managed to bravely remove some, but not really good at that kind of thing, being a wimp.
                DottyR

Comment

When do these 'cabbage white butterfly's', go away?
                  I'm afraid the butterflies will be laying eggs through the autumn. The caterpillars will survive a mild frost and might even carry on munching through into January.

I managed to bravely remove some, but not really good at that kind of thing, being a wimp.
                  Persevere, the more you do it the easier it gets.
                  My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                  Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Was going to start anew thread, but doesn't really warrant, really a rant, but I'd quite like an answer if possible

When do these 'cabbage white butterfly's', go away? We seem to have loads today, and there were great big FAT, caterpillars chomping away on my Brussel sprout plants, ( which were under Environmesh ), so horrible . I managed to bravely remove some, but not really good at that kind of thing, being a wimp.
                    Dotty there's does seem to be a lot of them around just now I find wearing gloves helps when squishing them.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Funny you should say that Dotty, I was only thinking this morning how much their activity has increased.
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                        Dotty there's does seem to be a lot of them around just now I find wearing gloves helps when squishing them.
                        Uhh yukky things,I can't 'squish them' , they're too BIG,and green and fat, I swipe at them, then batter them with some nearby object, I'm ashamed to admit I even sprayed a few this morning ! I'll be having nightmares I tell you.

I quite like the butterflies.
                        DottyR

Comment

• It must be this warm sunny weather.
                          DottyR

Comment

• Good evening. Not really done much today. Spent most of the day in bed, I am not feeling to well at the moment so I have just been sleeping. Going to go make tea then think I am going to get back in bed
                            Carrie

Comment

• Originally posted by cariann88 View Post
                              Good evening. Not really done much today. Spent most of the day in bed, I am not feeling to well at the moment so I have just been sleeping. Going to go make tea then think I am going to get back in bed
                              Hope you feel better soon Carrie..Take it easy my friend

Comment

• Good evening peeps..Just 1 more day till the weekend..Whats everyone going to be upto?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X