Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After all the rain we had here,it only soften the ground enough to dig a fork in,the underneath where the spuds are is barely damp,with no greenery on top to stop it getting in,we need some more rain,so himself can get the spuds up,every thing is looking really good,the butternuts have a long way to go,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good evening. Still raining here and now its really windy. Hope my fly-away greenhouse is alright. I have strapped it down so it goes no where. Been watching a TV series on Netflix called 'The Tudors'. It's quite good, it's about Henry the 8th life. Only on the 2nd series so far.

Hope your all having a good day.

I wonder how Hazel has gotten on today?
      Carrie

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
        Darkenin over again.......................anyway, I managed to feed t'kids, they are now in rehearsals.......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48311[/ATTACH]...........[ATTACH=CONFIG]48312[/ATTACH]

Umm what are those poor fishes doing in there
        DottyR

Comment

• Well just cooked and eaten dinner, which include a WHITE beetroot, now where did that come from? Tasted v nice, just didn't look right!
          DottyR

Comment

• I'm looking out the window while it's windy and raining and it feels like its about 5o clock on a winters day.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
            Carrie

Comment

• I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Tell you all about it in a minute - but I know that you've all want a cup of tea and a piece of cake first.....

After the Show I went back to mum's for tea and a divvy up of the goodies. Big sister Helen is stopping with mum for the weekend, and entered a fruit cake; mum entered a sponge.

You can have a piece of mum's sponge (shared with my big sis and mum), fruit cake (shared with mum), or choc beetroot cake (shared with mum). You can't have any of big sis's ginger and apricot fruit cake because I wasn't very keen and so didn't bring home a share of that.
              Attached Files

Comment

• I've been looking out of the windows too - and its so much nicer than it was last night

Its a cloud the shape of the British Isles

Next time I looked there were clouds the shape of the UK and Europe - Magical

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
                  Umm what are those poor fishes doing in there
                  It's my Fish TV Dotty, I can't believe you missed it...............

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1259194
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Think I did miss it! Must av been snoozing!
                    DottyR

Comment

• Snoozing for weeks, Dotty? Are you Sleeping Beauty?

Comment

• Well that was a whole heap of fun!

My courgette chutney was a winner, as was my rhubarb and my odd shaped vegetable. . Second for my beetroot cake, and 3rd for my lettuce. Missed out on the 'collection' (although I was really pleased with it - pic below), french beans, runners, peas, courgettes, heaviest potato, white and red potatoes, and fruit cake (big sis Helen won a first for hers!).

A couple of pics of the displays below, and one of the prize giving.

Great day - and I have come home and processed about a ton of french beans and runners for freezer!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Well done Hazel. I feel honoured to be in your presence............

PS Any cake left l? I don't mind either

Comment

• Lots for everyone, VC!

Comment

• Congrats on the courgette chutney Hazel and I spotted 'our' beetroot cake on the table.

Sounds like you had a good day
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks, Bren.

Make sure you only have a small piece of the choccy beetroot cake, peeps - it is rather rich.

And with that bit of supper, I am off to bed - sleep well, everyone.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 10-08-2014, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X