Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning! Nice sunny start to the day - hope it continues. There is a bit of a chill in the air though, and the robins have started sounding autumnal.

I had a great weekend meeting up with several grapes - it has been a really wonderful time and reminded me why I joined the vine in the first place - likeminded folk who love growing, cooking and sharing.
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Morning it was a bit chilly here early on Jeanie plus my overnight GH had a low of 10c not what we want in early August.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• G'Mooooooooooooooooornin' Peeps - did I smell CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Morning All.
          G4, all that's left is the smell and a few crumbs. They were delish
          Hope we're all ready for Monday? It is Monday, isn't it?

Comment

• Mornin!

Indeed it is VC ....another week is upon us!
            After a sloshy, blowey day here we had a glorious evening. Full moon walk home through the country lanes...stunning!
            The white cows were glowing in the moonlight!
            Magical

When are the meteor showers starting...it must be about now?
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Kept a bit,just in case anyone missed it,what a lovely day,nice sun without the burn,just nice,maybe it was the buying of a pair of wellies yesterday,ready for the wet muddy times,all i need now is get up and go
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Not raining at the mo, so going to brave and venture up to plot, and see what damage was caused by weekend storms, also have some broccoli and cauliflower to plant out. And may of course find a few monster courgettes !
                DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                  Thanks, Bren.

Make sure you only have a small piece of the choccy beetroot cake, peeps - it is rather rich.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48344[/ATTACH]

And with that bit of supper, I am off to bed - sleep well, everyone.

Gosh, that does look good, is the recipe on the 'other recipe thread?'.
                  DottyR

Comment

• Morning all! Blowy and sunny here at the mo, from what I can see from behind the desk.

Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
                    Gosh, that does look good, is the recipe on the 'other recipe thread?'.
                    Not at the mo, Dotty - I'll post it up later, though, when I've got a minute.

Comment

• Good afternoon. Sun is shining here but it's still windy. Been to check my veggies after the wind and rain we had last night. They all are fine. I have done nothing most of the morning and now I am trying to finish the rest of my diploma off ready to be signed off it tomorrow. Thank god it's going to be over!!!

Have a good day
                      Carrie

Comment

• After a lovely sunny start to the day I'm watching...and listening to rain bouncing off the road.
                        ....exciting!

Makes me glad I don't live in a flood zone though.
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          After a lovely sunny start to the day I'm watching...and listening to rain bouncing off the road.
                          ....exciting!

Makes me glad I don't live in a flood zone though.
                          Same here Nicos, we've had little rain over the weekend though I just popped out and the heavens opened. Monsoon weather, every stayed in their cars or undercover. Now we have a lovely blue sky and fluffy white clouds

Comment

• Very changeable here too. Dug up some forgotten tatties, spread them out to dry on the table, put the kettle on and it started chucking it down (not the kettle - the rain, silly). Rushed out and gathered up the spuds, flung them in the GH and the sun came out
                            It is summer - what else should we expect

Comment

• Warm, wet and windy - must be August! Although, I don't remember August being like this when I was a kid, but it seems to be 'normal' now. I have friends who moved house the first week of August about ten/twelve-odd years ago, and they got flooded a week later.

Coffee?
                              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                                Coffee?
                                Yes please G4
                                Carrie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X