X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
    Coffee for me, ta.

I've just split a whacking great batch of ratatouille into those square foil containers. Now I have to work out how to get these into the already full to bursting freezer.

I may have to trade space with some frozen rhubarb, with which I can start a batch of wine off.

The only thing there is that mum gave me a wine-batch worth of apples the other day, and a load of cooking apples and I have only so many buckets/demijohns. Might be able to foist the cooking apples onto the Next-doors. Hmm.
    Here yeah go Hazel

Comment

• Right - sitting here isn't getting anything done!

I bought 10 cauli and 10 cabbage seedlings from HBase yesterday, so I must go to the Hill and weed the front bed then plant them out. I have some leek seedlings to go out too.

Then pick beans and courgettes.

Then come home and work out what the heck to do with them!

Comment

• Originally posted by NatalieCooke View Post
        My husbands auntie & uncle are up for the weekend so I'm going to take great pleasure in showing them the greenhouse.

Don't know what else we will be up to. I have a feeling we might be filling in the cracks on the ceiling in the hall (2 an a half years on and the house still isn't finished.)
        Natalie its good when you've got someone new to admire your crops
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Right - sitting here isn't getting anything done!

I bought 10 cauli and 10 cabbage seedlings from HBase yesterday, so I must go to the Hill and weed the front bed then plant them out. I have some leek seedlings to go out too.

Hazel I've just found 3 courgettes hiding so they'll be turned into fritters and the rest grated for the freezer.

Comment

Right - sitting here isn't getting anything done!

I do feel slightly responsible Hazel, so do hope you 'enjoyed' planting them and they grow well.

Please don't mention 'courgettes', every time I manage to reduce their numbers or give some away, another 6 appear!
            DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
              Hazel I've just found 3 courgettes hiding so they'll be turned into fritters and the rest grated for the freezer.
              What do you use the grated courgettes for Bren?
              Apologies = Good afternoon everyone.
              I've been testing which spiky/stingy plant is the most painful while I've been clearing the old fruit bed. The contestants are - bramble, worcesterberry and nettle. Fortunately, the gooseberries are elsewhere. There's always a bright side to everything

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                What do you use the grated courgettes for Bren?
                They're supposed to be used in winter for soups, cakes or more fritters. but they get added to everything just to use them up.

Have to think of something to do with them because there's only so many jars of courgette pickle you can eat in a year.

Comment

• Thanks Bren I've been chopping some into chunks and bagging them up with surplus tomatoes - for the freezer. The plan is to pull out a bag and add it to soup or pasta sauce. Never done it before but it should work

Comment

• This is my latest favourite courgette bake recipe :-

Joel’s courgette pasta bake | Nip it in the bud

and its just a nice without the bacon.

Comment

• I'm throwning away courgettes just now so I was hopeful for a minute there Bren, but I ran into my usual recipe problem: what to substitute for ingredients I haven't got.

It might work leaving the broad beans out completely; but organic tomato and herb stock is something I just never have handy. I could probably find a recipe for that, but cooking things in order to cook other things just seems like too much faff.

I guess I'll have to continue composting the courgettes
                      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Peel them Martin, and grate them up. Leave in a colander to drain, whilst you grate some cheddar, and dice some feta. Bung it all together, season, and make into patties. Then shallow fry them.
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Ooh that sounds easier, G4! Any substitutes for feta? If not, how big to dice? Rough proportions?
                          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Good afternoon I think it is about time I moved from bed and start preparing tea before I go to work. I am just soooo comfy here at the moment!
                            I need to go into the garden and water my veg, they look a little dry. And I need to move my over veg what's in containers somewhere where they can keep dry. I am sure all this rain is doing them no good.
                            Carrie

Comment

• 2 'courgette and cheese quiches' being made, one with extra mushroom, the other with homegrown toms.

Also large ratatouille made, and a lemon drizzle cake ( nice)
                              DottyR

Comment

• Good afternoon peeps..Managed to get a few hours shut eye this afterooon after my early rise this morning..I feel a lot better after that..Its brightened up here a bit this afternoon..Gonna go and start preparing dinner..I"m starting to get hungry peeps..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X