Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been like a fat blob since our ladies birthday lunch today. A bottle of Prosseco is never good during the day . Got to get myself moving or it will be bedtime soon
    Nannys make memories

Comment

• Bet you sleep well tonight, NS!

I remember when I started working (years ago, yeah yeah), it was the norm to go out for a drink at lunchtime. It was 'happy hour', so if me and two pals went out, we bought a round each (three doubles ), then tottered back in our pencil skirts, stilettos and big shoulder pads (perms to match!) to work in the afternoon.

I changed industries, and one of my jobs was to go to London every couple of weeks for the day to court our customers, and take them for coffee/lunch/afternoon tipple/after work drink. My liver must have been made of iron! These days, if I have more than one small glass at lunchtime, I'm good for nothing in the afternoon.

I remember when one of the bigger contractors in the industry was bought out by an American company who had (as was usual for them) a 'dry' policy - an appalling innovation, as although their reps could still take out customers, the reps had to stick to soft drinks. This must have been incredibly tedious, as the only thing the reps/customers had in common - frankly - was the reps' expense account. How boring would it have been for the reps to watch everyone else get pie-eyed - and insult to injury - for the reps to foot the bill.

Comment

• .... and back to the present - I went for my run (rubbish, rubbish, rubbish! and it's the race in 10 days time! ), then .........
        bought cat food from Sains;
        got the bus home (via little Waitrose where I bought a couple of big pork chops marked down from £3.88 to £1.49 ;
        made a batch of biscuits (had to whisper that in case VC is around!);
        rescued Domino cat from that young whippersnapper tabby of the Next-doors who decided to come round and pull a face;
        had sossies on a bed of roasted home grown tommies, with home grown potatoes and home grown french beans (*smug);
        did a Wonderwoman twirl and went to the pub with friends for midweek beer.

And now it's time for bed.

Comment

• Biscuits, biscuits, biscuits - we (that is I) would like a bisged or three please, Hazel
          Since I'm off to gwely now, if you post them tonight they should be here in time for my brecwast Diolch a Nos Da

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
            .round and pull a face;
            had sossies on a bed of roasted home grown tommies, with home grown potatoes and home grown french beans (*smug);
            did a Wonderwoman twirl and went to the pub with friends for midweek beer.

And now it's time for bed.
            We've been trying to eat out of the freezer to make some space, its not working. Thought I'd make a veg curry to use up some courgettes and runner beans but as usual I made too much so now there's two extra trays in the freezer.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Can't sleep. So I am on here and looking on the internet at seeds!!! It has just turned payday and being on here is not helping. I may(might) end up spending my wage......I need to step away. There is so much I want ha.
              Carrie

Comment

• Good morning! Still not been to sleep. Going to go and try get some sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                Carrie

Comment

• Just nipped in to say Good Morning. Dull and drizzly again here. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• G'Moooooooooooornin' Peeps! Monsoon has returned. Better check the forecast, as we have two gardens to 'do' today, so need to fit in around the showers.

Coffee?
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Thanks G4

No sign of Hazel's biscuits yet or I'd have shared them around

Sun is trying to put his hat on - needs to try a bit harder to dry up the mud that I call a garden
                      Have a sooooper day, everyone - see ya around

Comment

• Morning all.....

Much brighter day here today thankfully after last night's winter like appearance....
                        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                        sigpic

Comment

• Not a good start to the day here. First day for schools per season rugby training and I get a speeding fine! That van has been there most mornings for the last 3 years too! Should know better
                          Last edited by Scarlet; 28-08-2014, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• Very slow to brighten up here, it may never, who knows. Tablet collection this morning then a good sort out of tomatoes .
                            Time for Indoor ripening I think. Will be using the last of our potatoes in the next fortnight, will try and grow more next year. Going to be much more selective in variety as well.
                            Feel quite sad that the summer is winding down.
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                              We've been trying to eat out of the freezer to make some space, its not working. Thought I'd make a veg curry to use up some courgettes and runner beans but as usual I made too much so now there's two extra trays in the freezer.
                              Aha - that's why I am so glad of my new little chest freezer in the garage - I hoofed all the beans, rhubarb and rasps in there, and now I can take advantage of all those yellow sticker jobbies at the supermarket. Curry sounds nice - is it one of those that you just make it up as you go along?

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                              No sign of Hazel's biscuits yet or I'd have shared them around
                              That is because we do not have biscuits for breakfast, do we? We have biscuits with elevenses, or with a cuppa in the afternoon, or before bedtime. Honestly, where were you dragged up??

From behind the desk, it looks like sunshine with an autumn feel. It's been raining overnight, and Domino is waiting for it to dry up so he can take up his customary position on the bench.

Seeing the accountant later, so I shall be mostly shuffling spreadsheets before then...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                                Aha - that's why I am so glad of my new little chest freezer in the garage - I hoofed all the beans, rhubarb and rasps in there, and now I can take advantage of all those yellow sticker jobbies at the supermarket. Curry sounds nice - is it one of those that you just make it up as you go along?
                                Hazel I call it garden curry, just wondered around with my trug mostly courgettes and runners with radish pods, peas, chard, toms, peppers and potatoes.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X