This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning Everyone

I wish I had listened to the OH, felt so much better after my bout of man flu yesterday I rushed off to the lottie against the her advice. By mid afternoon I was absolutely shattered. By teatime I was feeling rough again and this morning feel like I have been beaten up.

So it looks like armchair gardening today for me, perhaps with a little support from a bottle of 10 year old medicine

Have a great day all and enjoy this barmy September weather

Comment

• G'Moooooooornin' Peeps! A misty moist morning underfoot, but the sun's out, and the Blackbirds are having a shouting match!

A bloke who doesn't listen to his Wife? Now there's a strange thing, Greenleaves!

Coffee?
      Last edited by Glutton4...; 21-09-2014, 07:25 AM.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Yes please G4, very slow start for me, but it is Sunday. Going to get and plant some onion sets today, oh and eat a delish shoulder of lamb roast cooked by our daughter in return for a few favours she requires
        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good morning nice and sunny here this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
          Carrie

Comment

• Morning we've got sunshine

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
            Then this evening I have been baking - courgette chocolate cake, and some highlanders. The cake is a 'thank you' for my bro for today - so hands off that; the highlanders might be handed out to good little grapes - the recipe doesn't make so many, so they are to be rationed.
            That'll be me then

GL did you get a 'told you so' this morning, my only advice is the usual soak in the bath it works for everything
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning peeps...
              Wine all gone VC, sorry..
              Tad too early now anyway me thinks

Having a rare cuppa in bed this morning, with 2 youngest either side of me and herself fighting for space too
              Might try and get out for a spin on the bike today...
              Picked my first sweet corn yesterday; straight into boiling water with them, and then some pepper, butter and salt.. Gorgeous!!
              Attached Files
              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
              sigpic

Comment

• A definite chill in the air this morning - all sunny now - hope it stays!

Just gave the dog a stroke (she is snoozing off her breakfast beside me) and discovered she had nicked my cod liver oil tablet and was lying on it! This dog is deeply different!
                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Afternoon we've been out for a picnic at one of the local canals had a look around the visitors centre and bought a sage plant

Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
                  Picked my first sweet corn yesterday; straight into boiling water with them, and then some pepper, butter and salt.. Gorgeous!!
                  Trip you ought to enter that photo in the vine veg show
                  Last edited by Bren In Pots; 21-09-2014, 02:17 PM.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening I didn't sit out in the garden I decided to go for a ride with my dad to pick my sister up from her boyfriend house who lives in Cheshire. Then I went out with my fella to buy some fish(he likes to keep fish) He let me pick a fish I can have And now I am having a glass of vodka while waiting for take away.
                    Carrie

Comment

• Good afternoon
                      Busy day, plot, wilko's, KFC, asda then ikea for some swing top bottles only to find out there's a shortage and they have no stock for 2 weeks. Good job it's only up the road, I'd be well miffed if I'd driven miles. I know I can put wine in old bottles but thought I'd treat myself to some decent ones.

Picked 3lb of blackberries so that's blackberry wine. I've a couple of pound of Rowan berries they will go in wine as well. Cottage industry here we come lol

Bex

Comment

• I would have been v cross to have battled round Ikea and not found what I'd wanted, Bex!

It's been a lovely afternoon here - saw a buzzard at the Hill, and it was not flying so high that it was just a speck.

Cut courgettes, weeded, dug up a carrot - this is (for me) most momentous! Think I'll take a pic and put it in the show.

I'm going to make courgette fritters this evening - see how they turn out. Chris-down-the-bottom gave me the recipe - I'm hoping that her enthusiasm was due to their taste and not just the fact it uses loads of courgettes!

Nipping to little Morries first - haven't got the paper yet today, and I might find some yellow stickers......

Comment

• Afternoon. Well I cut down my toms today. Picked the green and part green ones so hopefully they will ripen. Then went to the allotment for a quick dig then picked OH up.
                          Have done sausage, mash and Yorkshire puds for tea. I had a pick of runner beans from down the garden. Very nice indeed.
                          Kids are in bed early. Little boy is at school full time as of tomorrow so hope to spend a good few hours down the allotment digging and tidying up.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Phew, steak and kidney pie ( with a few toms chucked in) pots, runners + v nice bottle of red, now try to keep awake for Downton!
                            DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                              I would have been v cross to have battled round Ikea and not found what I'd wanted, Bex!
                              I didn't battle Hazel, up the stairs, cut through to the warehousey bit, bottle and jars are first on. I was in ikea for about 2 mins lol. I'm by spaghetti so it's only 10mins up the road. Swing top bottles are only £1.70 they are over 3 quid elsewhere.

I've just cleaned the budgie out am I right in thinking I can but the rubbish in my new shiny dalek?

Last edited by veggiechicken; 21-09-2014, 07:56 PM. Reason: Fixing quote ;)
                              Bex

Comment

• I know it's early but it's a night from me. I cannot stop yawning so I am going to get in bed. Night

Carrie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X