Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I said to the police officers at the desk, it is lovely to know that there are some good people out there who look out for each other.
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Enforced coffee break.....

Waiting for my smooth melted ganache to set a little - I need a soft butter consistency. Just checking out the sunburst speaker grill design I have to draw out and make in to a stencil. Pity I can't look it up on gurgle - well, I can, but I have no idea what to call it to look it up
      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Help, my eyes are hurting there's some strange shiny thing outside....
        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

• I just looked at 'antique radio speaker' images, Jules - tons of stuff there, although I'm not quite sure what you're after, but it might be food for thought?

Comment

• Bakelite radio sunburst produces a few images. Could you use edible paint to depict it?
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• I have the sunburst design - it's a Pye AC4D (I think)

My idea is to have two layers of fondant roll out icing so that I can cut through to the bottom layer and get the speaker looking right. The first layer is ivory and I have a rolling pin with a speaker cloth-like texture that I can roll over the top of the cake where the speaker will be, then brush it over with antique gold coloured glimmer powder. Over that I wanted to layer the fondant icing that I'm going to make look like wood grain. I was then going to cut out the woodgrain layer through to the antique gold bit using a stencil of the sunburst speaker. Still with me?

My worry is that, in smoothing out the woodgrain layer, I will adhere it to the gold bit below and then have problems getting out the bits that need to be removed.

So far, so good - I've rigged up a contraption with two right-angled triangles, a long ruler and two mini clamps and managed to apply the first layer of chocolate ganache really quite well - for a very first attempt. It's not perfect, but I can sort that out with the second skim. It's given me confidence that the cake might work!

Just off to TKMacks to see if they might have fondant smoothers!
              Jules

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                As I said to the police officers at the desk, it is lovely to know that there are some good people out there who look out for each other.

I have lost my wallet 3 times over the years, on each occasion it has been handed in to the police with money and cards intact. Each time I have sent a reward by way of thanks. I once had a bag of expensive fishing tackle stolen from my car in the drive outside our house, it was £800 worth easily and weighed a lot with led weights etc. Our postman found it abandoned in some bushes (obviously too heavy for the poor dears) with only my mobile phone missing. He carried that bag all the way to the police station. i could have kissed him but i think he was happier with the reward which I had to force him to take. Honesty still lives on in Britain.
                photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarternoooooooon Peeps. Sunny here today.
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Its been sunny here as well with my GH getting up to 21c
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon All.....not a good one, just found one of our chooks has died Went out to collect the eggs and she was in the nest tub. Probably couldn't have saved her, but I'm cross I didn't notice earler. She seemed fine yesterday, but we think she's been slowly failing since before Chr***mad.

Sun is just starting to go down - it has managed to stay dry this afternoon, garden is draining very, very, slowly.

Just having a coffee while the ganache melts again ready for the second skim on the cake.
                      Jules

Comment

• Hugs Jules...
                        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

• Thanks, RT. She's only the second chook we've ever lost. Feels very cruel to have to put the poor girlie in the bin. Too many foxes and far too much surface water to bury her though.

Just had to re-melt the ganache. I got to reading the paper and forgot about it so, in our chilly kitchen, it set too hard to use. Good job you can re-melt!

Turning into a pretty sunset out there.
                          Jules

Comment

• Afternoon all. Woke up this morning in a panic. Start the new job a week tomorrow. Full time, woo-hoo! A lot more than I ever done actually interms of how many. I can deal with one subject-have all the planning I need for psych, just needs tweaking-but I've never taught sociology plus I will to consider language as a barrier.

Based right next door to Cov cathedral. Forever associated with Aunty binley. I swear I hear her voice when I go down that road past the Herbert.

www.horticulturalhobbit.com
                            http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info
                            Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

• Fab news HH - you'll be able to stock up on Binley's preserves, too!

Sorry to hear about your Chook, Jules.
                              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• sorry to read about you losing your chook Jules.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X