Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vet's called. They want Dom to go for an ultrasound on his liver next week to rule out tumours for which 'the prognosis would be poor' - otherwise impaired liver function will be treated with steroids etc. Blimey.

Comment

• Oh, that's not so good - let's hope the ultrasound doesn't show up anything nasty. This is the worst thing about having pets. Fingies crossed for you x
      A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

• Awww Hazel Hope the steroids will be the answer. Good job you took Dom to the vets when you did.

Comment

• Oh dear, your lot have set me off now. I know this sounds awful but I can't help how I am. Over the years I have lost quite a few relatives and good friends. Never once have I shed a tear, even when I've been with them at the end.

But tell me about a poorly pet and I can easily go to pieces.

We often visit Ireland and when we do we stay in a cottage that had a dog living in a nearby property. Over the years we have became great friends with the dog.

Imagine my distress when last year he wasn't there. I cried like a baby (thinking about it now is bringing tears to my eyes). You should see me if one of our dogs or cats is unwell.

I'm a 50 odd year old bloke for crying out loud.

I've often thought that if pets aren't allowed in heaven then what's the point in going there.
          It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

• Poor Dom, Hazel - has he lost a lot of weight too? With a bit of luck he can be treated with steroids.
            I know what you mean about pets Snuffer - that's why I always have more than one on the go if I can.
            Maisie wouldn't tolerate another cat in the house but she is dealing with having a dog here pretty well.
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• C'mon, snuffer, it's not all doom and gloom! You are quite right, though - get me on poorly pets and I'm hopeless! Can't watch any of those wildlife documentaries either! The pleasure we get from pets is worth the terrible bit at the end - it must be, or we wouldn't have 'em.

Dom is still the same cat as yesterday, and hopefully this can all be 'managed'. He has a bloody good life, but he is 15 and I'm under no illusions that he is immortal. I will be in bits when it comes to it, but hopefully that's not for a while yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                Poor Dom, Hazel - has he lost a lot of weight too? With a bit of luck he can be treated with steroids.
                Thanks, Jeanie. He's not noticeably losing weight - I took him for blood tests as a precaution due to his age - the theory being that if he's getting problems due to his age and they can be found early, they can be managed.

Comment

• The last time we lost a dog I was in a dreadful state. I'm not exaggerating when I say it nearly saw me in the psychiatric hospital.

I swore I would never have another dog. Guess what? I had to have another dog, it became a real physical need.

Hope all goes well.
                  It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

• Aaaaaaaaaaarternooooooooon Peeps. We have a lovely sunny day, and chum and I went for a long walk with the dogs. I'm pooped - haven't walked that far in ages, and the Dogs had a great time - especially when the swan on the flooded river decided to turn round and follow us!

Snuffer, I'm exactly the same! Anyone for Coffee?
                    Last edited by Glutton4...; 24-01-2014, 01:28 PM.
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                      Vet's called. They want Dom to go for an ultrasound on his liver next week to rule out tumours for which 'the prognosis would be poor' - otherwise impaired liver function will be treated with steroids etc. Blimey.
                      Sorry to read about Dom been ill Hazel hopefully he'll be able to be treated with meds.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Yes please to coffee, G4! It's gone really cold and miserable here - the heating kicks in at 3.30pm, until then I'll just have to run up and down the stairs a few times and put an extra jumper on!

Comment

• Hazel I jump around on my mini trampoline that soon warms me up
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Yes, I was just thinking the same, Hazel - jumper, that is - we have no stairs! Give Dom a cuddle from me, I really miss my puddy-tat, and can't wait to move so we can have another.

Think I'll put the kettle on, then don my wellies and pop out to do the Chooks, then back in again so it seems warm inside!

Comment

• Afternoon All,

Just a quick 'hi' before I have to go and put the kettle on for the arrival of my dipwit brother.

Hope Dom is ok Hazel; but you took him for just this reason, and hopefully anything they find has been caught very early. Fifteen is a good age.

Snuff, show my a person who says 'I don't care' where sick animals are concerned, and I'll show you a liar.

Fez, That's just it, I don't have a sizeable derrière, I have 36" hips. For some reason my Ma is convinced I'm hippo with a gluttony disorder.

Right...must dash!

Love to all
                              Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Well, it worked - a brief spell out in the cold made the house seem warmer. Although, my hands are like ice - but that's normal, really. Blimey! Just realised my last comment was FOUR hours ago - doesn't time fly!?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X